Scranton Show

The Pequa Squas were a color guard!

What year was that? This thread here is talking about a show that occurred in 2013. Guard started adding body movement to work going back into the '70's. Today, in 2013, they combine that body movement with amazing equipment work and dance. If all you see is dancing, maybe getting your eyes checked would help. You are missing some really crazy rifle tosses out there and flag work that flows so lyrically it is a compliment to the performances of the horns, drums and pit.

• Like 1

I do

Only non Lonislanders say Long GUYland

We (I) pronounce it as one word no "G" Lonisland

Also, there is no "r'" in the alphabet

You must be from that "other county," the new comers...Nazz-saw.

(from someone who also learned a lot about guard from Joe Mason.)

• Like 1

Oh LegalEagle. I love your posts. So what should I call them? They are everything you said they are with one exception. They are not color guards. It is time for you moderners and modernettes to update your terms. Get with it girl!

• Like 1

I don't know what you personally should call them. You seem to continue to insist that the activity isn't drum corps and that there aren't anymore color guards and speak about them in a condescending way and demeaning manner. There are literally thousands of people participating, teaching and watching that will disagree with you. You are the one who needs to "Get with it". We're not the ones lamenting that these drum corps and color guards no longer exist.

• Like 1

Is that anything like the people in the "Amish Mafia" show mis-pronouncing "Lebanon"?

Leb-a-NON is a country in the Mid East.

Leb-a-NIN/Leb-a-NEN is a Central PA county/town

And LEP-NIN means you're a Dutchified local.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

LegalEagle. Because you do not like what I have to say, you keep accusing me of speaking of the modern product in a demeaning and condescending way. I have said it in previous posts and will say it one more time. I GO TO SO CALLED DRUM CORPS SHOWS AND ENJOY THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE. I have also commented on the amazing talent involved and that in my day, I would not have been able to do the things these kids/adults do now. I thought this forum was for people with diverse opinions. Oh and you really don't need to put your "drum corps historian" had on for me. I have been participating and observing since the 50s.

• Like 2

I do

Only non Lonislanders say Long GUYland

We (I) pronounce it as one word no "G" Lonisland

Also, there is no "r'" in the alphabet

What a pissah. :tongue:

• Like 1

SunRifle, it about respect to those currently marching. I am sure when you marched, you wanted the same given to you.

Grew up in Matzoh-pizza - now live in the other county

Omg. THEY HAVE MY RESPECT! How did you do with reading comprehension in school! And I don't care if thousands of people disagree with me. They are entitled to their opinion just as I am and I respect that too. Deal with it!

• Like 1