Scranton Show

What is condescending about calling what YOU consider a guard a dance troup? What I see is all dancing in these modern shows so why can't I call them dance groups without being accused of being condescending. Is there something degrading about the term dance troupe? The Pequa Squas were a color guard!

First off, it was the Pequa Squaws, and they were defunk before I started marching there, and I started in the late 70's.

Nothing degrading with calling a dance troupe a dance troupe, but a guard on the field is not one. They spin equipment, march and yes sometimes add body movements, aka dance. It's called evolution, perhaps you missed a step?

• Like 3

Kay. Thank you for correcting me on my spelling of Pequa Squaws. I see nothing in the definition of color guard that speaks of dancing. And they march? When was the last show you attended? I'm all for evolution especially when it comes to calling an ace an ace and a spade a spade. Too bad you did not march with the Squaws. You would know what a color guard is.

• Like 1

Regardless of the denials, SunRifle's condescension and disrespect need not be any more glaring if you ask me - (and yes, I realize no one did).

"..SO CALLED DRUM CORPS.." and "..dance troupes.."?

Really? Please.

But that's to be expected of someone who harbors bitterness about being unable to keep up with the activity, thinks what THEY did in THEIR time needs to be continually trumpeted as the height of the drum corps activity, and who probably still has a rotary phone at home.

Sorry. This stuff gets tiring for me.

• Like 5

Thank you DaveChina. I have always been a fan of your rude and obnoxious posts on the defunct alumni forum which was actually closed down because of people like you.

• Like 1

Thanks Frankie boy.

By the way. Those forums have been up and running without pause since they opened in 2007. You were probably banned.

OK folks, I didn't intend to veer this thread off so far to the dark side. I made my point and won't be responding to bonehead anymore.

Edited by DaveChina
  • Like 1

So...how about all those great performances last weekend in Scranton!! Saw it on the Fan Network and can't wait to get to Annapolis.

Will also be at Annapolis......

• Like 1

Too bad you did not march with the Squaws. You would know what a color guard is.

And this is why I said to you in a different thread the way you speak to people is done in such a way that it is like we are supposed to be apologizing for when we were born or when we marched. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

And this is why I said to you in a different thread the way you speak to people is done in such a way that it is like we are supposed to be apologizing for when we were born or when we marched. thumbdown.gif

Ahhh let it go Liz - not going to let this troll get to me.

I have a few rings to prove what I know about colorguard.............

Sad the internet muscles some people think they have

• Like 2