John's Scranton Regional Review

That reminds me of my senior class in high school, twenty-three years ago: there were some weird personality issues, with people who seemed to go out of their way to make others miserable (not just in band), and I specifically remember overhearing one of our directors tell the other at the end of the season that the next year would bring "addition by subtraction".

Had I gotten the Director's job that next season at that school, and that's another story- 3-5 people would have been told right off the bat if they continued to act the way they continued to act in rehearsals, they would be fired ASAP. Addition by subtraction in a nutshell. :satisfied:

thought you could not add members at the end of the season ?

( old Bushwackers rule ) .

is it right to be able to add 6 tuba's , 12 brass , for the last two weeks of shows ?

when members of other corps are busting all season long ?

I think the Bushwacker rule is gone, but no issues either way. Noone cared what the Bushwackers did until we started winning. That rule was a move of desperation in hopes of slowing us down at the time. Hey, the Sunriser tie breaker was added around that time and look at what that did.

If this really became an issue for any corps these days, they can get around it.

• Like 1

John, I totally get the age-old derived acheivement argument. This, basically answers my question of how two people sitting so close could feel things so vastly different. Simply put, most of your review are what they are, critical at times but usually pretty close to the vest. I usually go to a show and try to take in the performance, which is why I think our comments are what they are. You can recognize what Cadets2 is trying to do, while I had a hard time with the multitude of things they weren't doing. And whether you know me or not, this is a genuine response, your comments do make perfect sense to me now.

Thanks for the reply, not that I necessarily deserved one, but it made a lot of sense to me.

What I like about our two different takes is that they are both right. It really illustrates just how different we can see performances, and you and I both know how that applies to the judges as well.

Cabs have been working in that tuba player ever since Lewisburg when I found out they actually had 10 not the 7 or 8 that marched then

Actually, I think we had 4 march that show in Lewisburg, but we still had 10 in the ranks...a couple could not make the show, and there was 1 or 2 injurys as well where we had to fill their spots. But we have had 10 for most (not all) of the season! The last one will be in fully this weekend in Bridgeport.

Actually, I think we had 4 march that show in Lewisburg, but we still had 10 in the ranks...a couple could not make the show, and there was 1 or 2 injurys as well where we had to fill their spots. But we have had 10 for most (not all) of the season! The last one will be in fully this weekend in Bridgeport.

Awesome news!

I suspect most folks don't realize just how hard it is to field a full corps every week in DCA. Real life issues, injuries, you name it.

• Like 4

Frank ... where you guys rehearsing in Bpt? ... I'll try to stop by and say hello ...

:-)

I suspect most folks don't realize just how hard it is to field a full corps every week in DCA. Real life issues, injuries, you name it.

On the money. Not as easy as it may sound.

Even back in the day... we had blanks at various shows.

Frank ... where you guys rehearsing in Bpt? ... I'll try to stop by and say hello ...

:-)

We are down at the park near the water....where we rehearse all the time.

I think the directions say Intersection of Iranistan Ave and Atlantic St.