What folded corps do you miss the most?

I don't have a long Drum Corps history, so I'll mention 2 recent Corps I've seen and enjoyed:

Glassmen

Teal Sound

BRASSO you're just asking to for a BD flaming.... I was dying laughing

The two I miss above all is Star and Suncoast Sound.... Can u imagine those corps today?

BRASSO you're just asking to for a BD flaming.... I was dying laughing

I've been trying my hardest to kill you off for years here on DCP, Wes... but you're just too darn resilient for me it appears. But I'll have you know that I'm not giving up.

Edited by BRASSO

Yes I have received the gift of Enlightenment for DCP.... I'm now a DCP immortal

sky riders, yamato, glassmen, and star

27th Lancers, Freelancers and Gaurdsmen

27th? Freelancers? Bridgeman? Suncoast? Star? No particular order here. I would say Star if I had to pick one.

Argonne Rebels ....... one serious horn line.

27th Lancers ....... great identity.

Nissei Ambassadors ...... always fun shows.

Star ........ don't consider them folded, they just took their principles and evolved to became Blast. Hundred of thousands, perhaps millions of tickets sold. Can't say that for today's G7.

Kilties ....... as a junior corp, of course. They were so unique, performed with a real attitude the fans loved.

Bridgemen ...... showmanship par exellance, with one wicked drumline.

Too bad this list continues to grow.

1. Guardsmen

2. Kilties

3. 27th Lancers

Do you see a trend here?

Honorable mention: Black Watch.

Thanks for that! As a FMM of Black Watch I miss them too. Guard is going strong though in WGI

I know I'm a dinosaur, but I miss the Massachusetts drum corps scene of the first half of the 1960's, when you could go to two local shows each week, and not really know who the winner was until the scores were announced. The corps having the best day could win. Local corps I miss are the Cambridge Caballeros, St. Kevin's Emerald Knights, St. Mary's Cardinals, I.C. Reveries, Majestic Knights, I.C. Queensmen, St. Rose Scarlet Lancers, Norwood Debonnaires, Holy Family Defenders, Braintree Warriors, Holy Trinity Cadets, I.C. Rockettes, Peabody Musketeers, Our Lady of Lourdes, Sir Thomas Moore, St. Joseph's Townsmen, Pittsfield Cavaliers, and a few others. There were also excellent bands in competition such as St. Williams, St. Agnes, St. Peter's, St. Anne's, and others that momentarily escape me. Only the Boston Crusaders are left and appear locally just a few times as the realities of competition today necessitate a nation wide tour.

• Like 1

As far as modern corps, definitely Teal Sound followed by Glassmen. I feel like Teal Sound brought something completely different from what everyone else offered, and were starting to make strides in their design potential. Was a heart breaker reading some of the posts when they folded so unexpectedly. Glassmen were one on the brink of being championship caliber in the late 90s and early 2000s, and to think they don't exist any more sucks. Their last show was one of my favorite shows to listen to in 2012, the organ symphony closer was beautiful, glad they went out on a high note. 1998 and 2002 are two of my favorite DCI shows. They always had a fantastic drumline as well, really enjoyed them.

Also have to give a shout out to Thunder this season, really sucks seeing they aren't fielding this year. They showed HUGE promise in Denver last year as an open class group, and was really looking forward to seeing how they did in Michigan City this year. Their 2008 show is incredible considering the amount of performers on the field, don't want them to go unnoticed because they are open.

Edited by DrumManTx