How much did CADETS TOWERS cost their final score and placement

How is 4th place Vis Performance (field where judges are taking a REALLY good look at feet) "sparkling clean?!" :blink:/>

Their feet were super clean. Cleaner than they were in 2011 when they won. So I guess the towers hurt their visual scores.

• Like 3

This was a very strong membership this year, and the towers wasted an opportunity. I feel they physically taxed the guard members that had to pull them around which affected equipment handling. Also, the bold colors hid the flags since they were approximately the same color. Biggest design miscalculation of the year. Hopefully, some lessons were learned.

• Like 1

Maybe if they had fewer towers that would have helped? Or shorter towers?

How is 4th place Vis Performance (field where judges are taking a REALLY good look at feet) "sparkling clean?!" :blink:/>

The corps proper was extremely clean. They lead this caption in the beginning of the season before the judges were really honing in on the Towers. The proficiency judges started hammering how the members were grabbing/pushing the towers, angles etc. It was the area of the show where you could always find tics. In saw them live several times and the marching was immaculate WITH cream pants.

This was a very strong membership this year, and the towers wasted an opportunity. I feel they physically taxed the guard members that had to pull them around which affected equipment handling. Also, the bold colors hid the flags since they were approximately the same color. Biggest design miscalculation of the year. Hopefully, some lessons were learned.

Exactly. Not to mention that nothing about Medea screams bright sunny yellow.

• Like 1

Hey don't give the guard all the credit. The AWARD WINNING drum line also lugged the towers (and their drums) around in part of the show.

DCI adjudication is not a "tick" based system. Corps do not start with a 100 and then receive deductions for mistakes or design deficiencies. .

Of course it is not a tick system

When the design and performance fails to move the judge and no points are credited, it has the same effect. Only when the design and performance awes the judge is credit given.

#1) The idea that Cadets accidentally invested a ton of money into "Not Winning a Championship" is hilarious to me.

#2) I wonder if anyone on Cadets' staff was just inspired by Reading Buccaneers 2012 show when designing Cadets 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDpWWW8Ou_g

Isn't that why Cadets2 are in DCA....as spies????:rolleyes:/>

• Like 1

I am not a fan of props. I just don't feel those elaborate props add that much to the visual design to justify the logistical support needed to schlep them all over the country. I'm sure that some of the corps have a semi trailer just for props. Then they need volunteers to get them on and off the field in a reasonable amount of time. I've seen the chaos at the stadium gates when corps are entering and exiting at the same time.

Compare the impact of a slick 8 count drill move, a righteous drum lick, an emotional horn passage or a bad @55 guard trick and compare it to giant Christmas packages, giant poker chips or giant mirrors (imagine the next 7 years if you broke one). I just can't see the justification. Plus it just seems lame or cheesey.

With regard to the Cadets this season, If the use of the props was poorly executed then maybe it hurt. The playing field is level in every other respect because every corps uses props and none of the corps have knock-em-dead props compared to knock-em-dead horn licks (cough Crown cough).

• Like 1