Crown Ending

I was looking back at Crown's earlier shows and was thinking....hmmmm.. I kinda liked the old ending better than the new one with the rehash of Also Sprach....anyone else feel the same? The show is still brilliant.....just not sure that the reprise added much....although, it was very cool to see the crown formed at the end.thumbup.gif

Edited by AROD24601
  • Like 2

I was looking back at Crown's earlier shows and was thinking....hmmmm.. I kinda liked the old ending better than the new one with the rehash of Also Sprach....anyone else feel the same? The show is still brilliant.....just not sure that the reprise added much....although, it was very cool to see the crown formed at the end.thumbup.gif

I definitely feared this year's ending situation would be a rerun of 2010 when they changed the ending at least once, then just redid 2009. 2009 was a great ending, but didn't work so great in 2010. I thought the original ending *felt* like a placeholder, and the Crown form is a requirement, so I think the final ending was fine, but it wasn't great. That said, BD's was even less great, so I don't think having a blah ending hurt Crown all that much. SCV had the best ending in Finals, I think.

I like it because it linked the science and love themes and completed the story.

Looking back I might have put the wormholes much farther apart though, out beyond the corps on each side.

I think if they were too far apart it would be harder to see and appreciate the synchronized work of the doubles inside the wormholes

• Like 1

Agreed about the place filler. The implied and inferred revelation theme associated with Sprach underscores how the one theme transcends the perceived absolutes of the other capped with the visual of the crown. That stuff is too complex yet tidy to be a coincidence.

I liked the new ending better, I saw Crown in both Warrensburg and Bentonville where they did the original ending, and then I was in Indy for finals. The show without their "crown" set didn't feel complete, and that great brass power worked beautifully in Also Sprach, and then ending with the same chords as the original ending, but adding a worm hole, and the undertone of love narration really made a great impact, physically,emotionally, and musically, for giving me everything I loved in their show this year, not to mention than the last hit sounded like a cannon going off.

• Like 2

I was kind of hoping for something better after they unveiled the "new" ending. It's good, but it's pretty much the same ending as the last 6 or so years with some wormholes.

Not sure about that. The 2008 and 2012 endings stand out to me as the best visually. 2009 was the best musically. 2013 is pretty decent but not up to par, IMO.

• Like 1

Not sure about that. The 2008 and 2012 endings stand out to me as the best visually. 2009 was the best musically. 2013 is pretty decent but not up to par, IMO.

They're not exactly the same by any means. But the Bb chord for 15 seconds or whatever has been done enough. Maybe I'm alone in that regard.