"What If"

We tend to have many topics on " WHAT IFs " comparisons, etc etc. SO , I just thought I would throw this out there. WHAT IF the internet didnt exsist anymore

What IF we didn't have any access to know what was going on behind the scenes with DCI or Corps.

WHAT IF we had no way of knowing what a corps was planning, wearing or staff.

WHAT IF we had to go back to the days of just going to a show as a patron and merely just watch a competition.

Now this all may seem silly because of course we will never go back to those days BUT my question is would we enjoy the activity more? Do we have to much information? Did we take the enjoyment of the activity away because we have the need to be so involved.

When we talk about the good old days and whats missing now we forget that our involvment was way different......I know knowledge is power but when it comes to " ENTERTAINMENT" does the knowledge take away from the experience....just food for thought :smile:

• Like 3

Go back to my days in drum corps, where scores came from calling the score hotline phone number from a pay phone, or clamoring for the newest Drum Corps World to catch up on all the recaps from the previous weeks. Those were the days!

lol...youre right...people forget that wasn't that long ago either.

What if a corp were to perfrom Eric Whitacre's "What If"

Contrary to the saying, Ignorance is 'not' bliss. Ignorance is what those in power, of any activity, want the majority to swim in so that the majority can feel a false sense of euphoria presented to them by the few in the know who placate others to keep themselves in power. For example: without the knowledge, and us minions existing only in the world of ignorance, how would the G7 situation turned out? The same, where the power hungry got axed and rather slapped down, or would it have turned out vastly different? Knowledge, while it may not result in euphoric fun, but knowledge is way better than ignorance. Moreover, knowledge does not have to get in the way of raw shear entertainment.

Edited by Stu

Contrary to the saying, Ignorance is 'not' bliss. Ignorance is what those in power, of any activity, want the majority to swim in so that the majority can feel a false sense of euphoria presented to them by the few in the know who placate others to keep themselves in power. For example: without the knowledge, and us minions existing only in the world of ignorance, how would the G7 situation turned out? The same, where the power hungry got axed and rather slapped down, or would it have turned out vastly different? Knowledge, while it may not result in euphoric fun, but knowledge is way better than ignorance. Moreover, knowledge does not have to get in the way of raw shear entertainment.

yeah I knew it could turn to this BUT ok now that were there ,the point is G7 or not. The G7 or top dogs, self indulged, elite,whatever you want to call them exsisted BITD also.

Knowledge is a good thing for sure BUT have we taken more out of the activity with it....Does one research a broadway show as to how the sets are made whos in charge how much they are making , where they studied, what fabric is used for costumes what the 990s are or do we just go and enjoy.( like we did in drum corps bitd....just a thought and just asking. I suppose no answer is wrong just depends on the person and what they need to get out of it all. :smile:/>

Edited by GUARDLING

:satisfied:/>

I give you a 9.3. You are achieving at the "Always" level in your ability to turn every topic into a poke at the G7.

• Like 6