"What If"

If posters get tagged as a "dino" for longing for "the old days" when drum corps used G horns and carried everything, I'm going to label you a dino for asking the same thing about information sources.

:tongue:/>

Bck on topic, BITD we didn't have to worry so much about the activity perishing before our eyes. In my mind, now, being more involved is mandatory and those of us who care about the survival of the activity can no longer be content to just buy a ticket, call in for scores, and BS with our drum corps fans.

Now-a-days, unlike BITD, there's more at stake IMO, and the relatively few of us who call ourselves the "die-hard" fans sense that it. It takes more information in order to figure out what each of us can do to help preserve this buggy-whip manufacturer...err...I mean drum corps activity.

I'm thankful for all the info sources available to us today.

yeah I knew it could turn to this BUT ok now that were there ,the point is G7 or not. The G7 or top dogs, self indulged, elite,whatever you want to call them exsisted BITD also.

Knowledge is a good thing for sure BUT have we taken more out of the activity with it....Does one research a broadway show as to how the sets are made whos in charge how much they are making , where they studied, what fabric is used for costumes what the 990s are or do we just go and enjoy.( like we did in drum corps bitd....just a thought and just asking. I suppose no answer is wrong just depends on the person and what they need to get out of it all. :smile:

The percentage number of people who purchase tickets to a Broadway show, and also get into the behind the scenes knowledge aspects of production, are about the same percentage numbers of people who purchase tickets to a DCI show and also get into the behind the scenes knowledge aspects via sites like DCP. And it is a very, very, small percentage. However, those who do want to attain the knowledge can and should keep those in power in check with attainment of that knowledge.

:satisfied:

I give you a 9.3. You are achieving at the "Always" level in your ability to turn every topic into a poke at the G7.

If you think that I believe the G7 Powerpoint proposal was the most vile and self-serving thing to every be put forth in the history of DCI, and that none of those movers and shakers have changed their minds, and that I do not want anyone to forget that because they G7 would rather us be back within our ignorance, then yep you are correct.

If posters get tagged as a "dino" for longing for "the old days" when drum corps used G horns and carried everything, I'm going to label you a dino for asking the same thing about information sources.

:tongue:/>/>/>

Bck on topic, BITD we didn't have to worry so much about the activity perishing before our eyes. In my mind, now, being more involved is mandatory and those of us who care about the survival of the activity can no longer be content to just buy a ticket, call in for scores, and BS with our drum corps fans.

Now-a-days, unlike BITD, there's more at stake IMO, and the relatively few of us who call ourselves the "die-hard" fans sense that it. It takes more information in order to figure out what each of us can do to help preserve this buggy-whip manufacturer...err...I mean drum corps activity.

I'm thankful for all the info sources available to us today.

really...? seems like maybe ( according to many maybe you should have been worried BITD considering the fall of drum corps didnt start in the last decade but many decades ago. IMO Information is only good when you ACTUALLY are in a position to do something....but thats JMO.......but the question was have we taken something out of the enjoyment of the activity..I guess for you the answer would be no and thats cool :smile:

Edited by GUARDLING

If you think that I believe the G7 Powerpoint proposal was the most vile and self-serving thing to every be put forth in the history of DCI, and that none of those movers and shakers have changed their minds, and that I do not want anyone to forget that because they G7 would rather us be back within our ignorance, then yep you are correct.

ahhhhhh ok now theres the point BITD do you not think those things were going on? Yes of course they were...now didnt it change your experience?....not saying good or bad But change...seems like it has

ahhhhhh ok now theres the point BITD do you not think those things were going on? Yes of course they were...now didnt it change your experience?....not saying good or bad But change...seems like it has

Ahhhh... you are correct in the the movers and shakers with the power liked us in our ignorance BITD. Knowledge does not necessarily change the experience we receive from the performances, but knowledge sure does keep the powerful from hijacking that experience.

Edited by Stu

really...? seems like maybe ( according to many maybe you should have been worried BITD considering the fall of drum corps didnt start in the last decade but many decades ago. IMO Information is only good when you ACTUALLY are in a position to do something....but thats JMO.......but the question was have we taken something out of the enjoyment of the activity..I guess for you the answer would be no and thats cool :smile:

Just because I know the proper function of a Verb does not mean I can no longer conjure up the enjoyment of seeing that action in my imaginative mind's eye. Just because I know the function of a flat II Neapolitan Sixth Chord moving toward a V Chord does not mean that cannot enjoy the shear emotional feeling produced by that sound motion.

The percentage number of people who purchase tickets to a Broadway show, and also get into the behind the scenes knowledge aspects of production, are about the same percentage numbers of people who purchase tickets to a DCI show and also get into the behind the scenes knowledge aspects via sites like DCP. And it is a very, very, small percentage. However, those who do want to attain the knowledge can and should keep those in power in check with attainment of that knowledge.

so do you keep the powers to be in the entertainment industry at task?...just askin