Shoes!

I don't wear them, so I don't know. Tell me your thoughts on the marching shoes that are available these days. It's especially helpful if you have marched in multiple contemporary models.

I'm trying to decide what my band should wear. Thanks for your input.

Depends on what style of marching you're going to do. Lots of corps use the MTX brands, and their various models for their corps. I used Drill Master, Vipers, and MTXs during my time, and all had different plusses and minuses. If your marching program does a lot of body movement or dance work, then either the new System Blue shows or the Vipers will be what you want. If you want a very sturdy show that will last, go for the MTXs. Drill Masters though are cheap, so that's a plus for them. I know MTX launched a new model called Velocity this year, but I haven't tried those before.

Whatever you do, avoid Dinkles at all cost, unless you only do parade and hate your kids. Not high quality shoes, but they do make the patent leather look shoes.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

Vibram 5 finger shoes.

And while I'm totally joking, they actually are really great for exercise in general, I use them for crossfit.

I marched Super Drill Masters and MTX. I prefer Drill Masters. Much more comfy, plus I dig the rounded hill (good for roll steps), which MTX doesn't have.

Edited by kaseyW

What not to get is a show called "Plus Ones". I wore those in high school and I always felt like I was wearing clown shoes.

Go with what's cheap. Dinkles aren't that uncomfortable and they are cheap. If you got kids that don't mind spending extra bucks....go higher, but I doubt anyone is doing significant enough drill to wear out a pair of marching band shoes in one year unless they wear them to bed at night

Go with what's cheap. Dinkles aren't that uncomfortable and they are cheap. If you got kids that don't mind spending extra bucks....go higher, but I doubt anyone is doing significant enough drill to wear out a pair of marching band shoes in one year unless they wear them to bed at night

If the wear them to bed at night, that wouldn't really be wearing them out much. If they wore them all over school, then they'd be wearing them out a lot, and also getting some strange looks...