Shoes!

I've had kids wear their marching shoes to school. I shake my head at them. I think it's hilarious when they wear them with their concert attire or even worse...wear them to prom :blink:

I used Dinkles for one year in college and hated them. Big, heavy, not flexible at all.

Ever since, it's been Vipers, and I've loved them because they are opposite of the Dinkles: sleek, light, and flexible.

I've heard similar good things about the System Blue Super Drillmasters.

I am intrigued by the Velocity shoes that Crown wore this year. They also appear to be cheaper than both Vipers and Super Drillmasters at most retailers. Might try a pair next season.

I like regular Drillmasters. rolled heel + quite comfortable

Drillmasters are the shoes of the marching gods.

Not anymore. MTX or the new System Blue's have taken over that title.

I cant recommend DSI Vipers enough. They are extremely comfortable, give great support to the ball of your foot (for direction changes) and are extremely light. The twin sole gives great flexibility in the foot for dance, and the tread patten under the ball of the foot really supports you during direction changes.

I wore them from 2009-2011 at bluecoats. and 2012-13 at minnesota brass (my 2011 bluecoats pair, still going strong after 3 years)

• Like 1