2013 Attendance numbers are out

Ben and Meg Teshning from King of Prussia, PA. They were in town for a swim meet at the adjoining Olympic pool complex and took a wrong turn.

There were 12 in 2007 that went to finals. 9 in 2010 and 7 in 2013. Sometime soon we may treat our entire family to a drum corps show somewhere.

I love how people like to throw out that Montreal number like it was some sort of NORM! It was an aberration.... Just like Orlando was due to location and cost. Getting back in the 20's is great. I'd like to see it level out at 25 or so, but I'm not sure the concert side of Lucas Oil can hold that many honestly.

As far as 97 goes. My family was vacationing at Disney in 1997 when we happened upon a DCI display at Epcot. We purchased tickets for Finals night on Wednesday or Thursday of that week and all 4 of us got to go. It was my 2nd DCI show.

So had we not been vacationing and happened to run into the DCI display...97 would've been lower by 2 people. YAY US

2.6% attendance growth from 2012 is not great, but it is growth none-the-less.

Better than going backwards, at least.

I will suggest that the revenues resulting from this attendance is more important than the BITS, but we won't know those numbers for another 18 months or so...

and having Fn purchases for Friday and Saturday, even with the refunds will help, so my hunch is revenue goes up more....finals being up is a lot extra per ticket coming in than semis.

good to see though.

I wonder how many people purchased the finals stream?

just under 3500

and having Fn purchases for Friday and Saturday, even with the refunds will help, so my hunch is revenue goes up more....finals being up is a lot extra per ticket coming in than semis.

good to see though.

so people are still bying tickets? the sky isnt falling? fans although may not like 1 show can find entertainment in others? Sound wise although not up to par for some are ok for others? good to hear :tongue:

so people are still bying tickets? the sky isnt falling? fans although may not like 1 show can find entertainment in others? Sound wise although not up to par for some are ok for others? good to hear tongue.gif

well...i think it's a few things...

the race at the top had to help. it helped bump things up in 11

obviously sound complaints keep rolling in, so to some its an issue.

and yes for finals people bought. i'd love to know numbers for locals and regionals. I know Allentown didn;t look as full as it has in the past few years

well...i think it's a few things...

the race at the top had to help. it helped bump things up in 11

obviously sound complaints keep rolling in, so to some its an issue.

and yes for finals people bought. i'd love to know numbers for locals and regionals. I know Allentown didn;t look as full as it has in the past few years

maybe less legacy fans came out....Allentown does have alot of that..but maybe things are looking up and new people are coming into the activity. I think numbers will go up and down in any given year.

maybe less legacy fans came out....Allentown does have alot of that..but maybe things are looking up and new people are coming into the activity. I think numbers will go up and down in any given year.

it's possible. there does seem to be an up and down pattern. I do know many people are tired of Indy though.

• Like 1

it's possible. there does seem to be an up and down pattern. I do know many people are tired of Indy though.

personally I dont care about Indy because I dont get to see or do much other than the shows so I dont care where it is BUT after so many years there its probably time to move on.

• Like 1

Go all the way back and you will see that attendance hit a high of almost 42K at Montreal '82 finals! Sad that it has nearly dropped in half.

I think your 42K number is a bit on the high side for Finals in Montreal. I was in attendance, and I think the Finals Night attendance there was around 35-38,000. I think there is a still picture out there on the web where DCI flashed across to the audience in Olympic Stadium that nite that something like 37K something were in attendance for Finals. But you are correct that DCI had bigger crowds at Finals thru the 80's than they do today at Finals. Some potential attendees stayed home too, as you could get the Finals live on TV in some of the years.

Edited by BRASSO