What did you not catch upon first viewing?

I dunno....this one just doesn't lift out of the field into the vertical the way the prism did...might be the "angle" of the cube....looks too symmetrical.

Agreed. My theory is that there are too many lines in the cube compared to the prism. So not only does that mean that the shape is more complex to make sense of, but also there are fewer marchers to put in each line. There's a lot more empty space that's left for your brain to "fill in" the lines. WIth the prism, there are fewer lines, so each one is more solid than in the cube. It's more explicit.

Made this of Crown's 2012 3-D move by request from the Crown thread:

368ri.gif

Ok, here's something I missed before about this. First, note that in this clip the cube becomes squared off twice (as opposed to "diagonal"). The first time it squares off is at abut the 42.5 yard line (i.e. right between the 40 and 45) on both sides. Fine. But then after the diagonal part it squares off again ... on the 45 on both sides!

So I guess it's narrower in one dimension than the other... like a brick shape.

But the big problem causing people to "not get it" is that the diagonal dimension is waaay too big, going just about to the 36.

Now I'm no mathematician, but I do remember something about a hypotenuse and the square root of 2.

So let's take our first squared-off axis of about 7.5 yards from the 50, times 1.41421356237 (which google tells me is the square root of 2) and we get ... 10.6 yards, which would bring them just past the 40 for the diagonal, not the 36. If you instead use the second squared off axis, you'd use 5 yards instead of 7.5. And you'd get about 7.1 yards which would bring you only as far as the 42 or 43. But then, you'd seriously need a girlfriend. Um, I mean me, not you.

Edited by Pete Freedman

I was told there would be no math.

At least there's no physics which guard threads tend to be with mass, weight, velocity, centrifugal force, spinning things ...

We went to finals. I did not blink and stood up for each corps. This thread inspired me to re-visit Fan Network to find things I missed : )

• Like 1

Phantom Regiments' tall figure roaming the field.....it looked like what a dementor looks like in the Harry Potter books lol