• Empire Statesmen
    • Cadets2
    • Fusion Core
    • Carolina Gold
    • Kilties
    • Connecticut Hurricanes
    • Bushwackers
    • Sunrisers

I still do not see any complexity with any part of the MBI production. Just being honest - I feel like I am calling out the Emperor's new clothes. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up

1) Reading

2) Hawthorne

3) MBI or C2

Design wise MBI should be marching cleaner sooner stronger and I think some of the design is a bit too soon to use from other corps - cross drill sets, changing into Black unis......and the list goes on.

Emperor's New Clothes -

Actually, having seen some video of MBI's show, this years visual program seems much more substansive than in previous season's. In their 2011 championship program, I was pretty much a lone wolf in my assertions that their visual program was no where near that of the Buccanneers. It remains to be seen what this years results will be, but IMO Minnesota's 2013 visual program is a quantum leap for them.

Edited by VOReason
  • Like 1

I still do not see any complexity with any part of the MBI production. Just being honest - I feel like I am calling out the Emperor's new clothes. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up

1) Reading

2) Hawthorne

3) MBI or C2

Design wise MBI should be marching cleaner sooner stronger and I think some of the design is a bit too soon to use from other corps - cross drill sets, changing into Black unis......and the list goes on.

Emperor's New Clothes -

So whats a fair time frame before someone in DCA is allowed to make another cross? Lets be real... corps borrow/alter/use ideas and designs they have seen before... or even come up with the same idea at times... its nothing new.

Also, not sure what black uniforms you are talking about, they definitely dont do that.

-------

After seeing Bucs number this weekend... its too close to vote on. Im going to say Bucs and MBI take #1 and #2, within .4 of each other but who will be on top? No idea. Cabs wont even be in the conversation... this year.

• Like 4

So whats a fair time frame before someone in DCA is allowed to make another cross? Lets be real... corps borrow/alter/use ideas and designs they have seen before... or even come up with the same idea at times... its nothing new.

Also, not sure what black uniforms you are talking about, they definitely dont do that.

-------

After seeing Bucs number this weekend... its too close to vote on. Im going to say Bucs and MBI take #1 and #2, within .4 of each other but who will be on top? No idea. Cabs wont even be in the conversation... this year.

I think Cabs have been underscored the last two weeks. Either way, the fight for the Top 5 is going to be insane

• Like 4

He probably saw them in one of their first performances, before they put the tan Primal shirts on under their jackets.

• Like 1

This battle is starting to simmer with the members of the Armchair Drum & Bugle Corps. Let's see how it plays out at Annapo!

Minnesota Brass's performance for friends and family this past Saturday is up on YouTube. Search "2013 Minnesota Brass" and use the filter "upload date." You get a good picture of the final visual show.

(A little jagged, but this was after a full day of rehearsal in 90-degree, humid weather. Plus there were 30-mph winds in the stadium.)

Edited by Ron H
  • Like 1

1) Reading

2) Hawthorne

3) MBI or C2

Emperor's New Clothes -

hey if ya can't beat em, steal from em.

And it's being used in different ways too, but why let logic hit ya where the good lord split ya

• Like 1

I think this will be a repeat of 2011 in that Brass will take 1st and Bucs will take a close-ish 2nd.

• Like 1

I think this will be a repeat of 2011 in that Brass will take 1st and Bucs will take a close-ish 2nd.

Who knows? Maybe. Maybe not. MBI has another terrific show (perhaps better than 2011). But so do the Buccaneers. All I think is that it will still be a 2-way race.

It's gonna be between MBI and the Bucs. I can't see the Cabs or C2 on that level yet. The 2013 Champs will be in Blue.

All I do know is that this DCA show will be a Barn-Burner!!! Can't wait until Saturday night!

Edited by Ron H
  • Like 2