What Year Will BD Win #20?

On August 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Yorkvillain said:

A couple of friends of mine and I made this bet after the 2012 Finals.

Me - 2021

Them - 2020, 2023, 2024

My friend who has 2020 just reminded me of our wager in 2012. Come on BD hold off for one more year before the big 2-0. 

The ones with 2023 and 2024 have no shot. There's no way BD doesn't win at least once in the next 3 years.  

Edited by Yorkvillain
  • Like 1

Hahaha. I just almost accidently repeated the OP.

Offensive. JK.

Looks like 20 in 2020. Crazy.

On 8/24/2013 at 3:53 PM, skevinp said:

I think they will have a dry patch in the last half of the 2020's but come back with a vengeance in the mid 2030's.

You could be right

• Haha 1

This short thread was a fun read. Very little faith in this organization in 2013, apparently

• Like 1

On 8/25/2013 at 11:15 AM, MisterA said:

The fact that many members are in high school wasn't the main point. Usually the top tier corps are more college age than high school age members. However, if schools are in session, that usually means they aren't going to allow a drum corps to rehearse there since it will be a distraction to the students. A lot of people over the years have felt that lack of practice facilities could also mean the end of DCI, as more and more schools shut their doors on the activity for various reasons. Classes in session, lack of janitorial staff, insurance issues, are all reasons that some schools will refuse to house corps.

Every year we seem to be losing more corps. In the last 2 years we have lost Glassmen(hopefully temporarily) Teal Sound, Velvet Knights, Racine Scouts(luckily they came back this year) and we almost lost Raiders for the last part of the season. And we have at least 5 corps, that while competing early season, are not attending finals due to financial reasons. And with all the crud going on with the G7, and the major expenses or running corps, and the economy, there are many factors that could lead to problems with DCI. I really hope that DCI is here another 100 years. And if they are, BD should likely be the first, and possibly only corps, to win 20 titles. And I still think it will be 2027 when they do.

The DCI corps that have been lost are Pioneer. And frankly everyone knew they should have been shut down years ago. Glassmen shut down many years ago and had no financial plan.

The biggest fear is the future of Cadets, as they have been one of the activity’s biggest draws. But new corps and new markets are opening, like Nashville and soon Salt Lake City.

5 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

There's no way BD doesn't win at least once in the next 3 years.  

Maybe, but once they won in 76, there have been stretches where they came up empty.

Edited by Ghost

29 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Maybe, but once they won in 76, there have been stretches where they came up empty.

I saw that 76 corps. I thought they were gods. 

• Like 1

Perhaps a better question is....

When will another corps not win #20? :tongue:

• Like 1