Are Championships too expensive?

At the bucs camps i've been to, the members piled into their cars and went out for lunch. Showdays or DCA weekend could be different though

I would pay to be a fly on the wall in the directors meeting in Annapolis right now. I'm sure many in DCA can't be pleased with Hops attempt to make them look bad.

And he doesn't have the goodwill there to organize a g7 type move

• Like 1

Yes, it is too expensive to play in the East Coast DCA sandbox. Yes it would be fun but for Corps West of Pennsylvania to perform at DCA every year but it's not really worth bashing your brains out trying to figure out ways to make the money to accomplish the mission. How many Texas Corps have tried to keep up and have fallen by the wayside?

At this Date and Time DCI is more accessible for Corps out in the hinterlands. I never thought I'd find myself saying DCI is doing something good for the activity but right now they are.

Right now we can qualify for DCI, pay around $250.00 dollars for the year and have the chance to perform at half a dozen DCI shows on DCA score sheets within a reasonable distance, most within 2.5 hours and the longest being 9 hours away. Plus Sound Sport DCI is making it even easier for Corps to participate. Corps in our area could play at DCI shows all Summer and we could have our own all age finals out here.

• Like 1

Cadets2 feeds their members most of, if not all of the time. It's one of their selling points, and is one of the reasons some folks consider them to be so expensive.

I don't believe that the food is main reason for being twice as expensive as any other area corps. Bucs can feed the entire corps for the cost of about $15 per person even though some of the food has been donated. This doesn't happen every weekend. I'd say once the competition season begins, the corps feeds them about 4-5 times a year, as well as some free BBQ lunches throughout the entire season at Buc Field.

I think a lot of it is the cost of the staff for a full size corps when they only field about 100.

I also think some of it is not a whole lot of support from the alumni/community like other established corps.

Yes, it is too expensive to play in the East Coast DCA sandbox. Yes it would be fun but for Corps West of Pennsylvania to perform at DCA every year but it's not really worth bashing your brains out trying to figure out ways to make the money to accomplish the mission. How many Texas Corps have tried to keep up and have fallen by the wayside?

At this Date and Time DCI is more accessible for Corps out in the hinterlands. I never thought I'd find myself saying DCI is doing something good for the activity but right now they are.

Right now we can qualify for DCI, pay around $250.00 dollars for the year and have the chance to perform at half a dozen DCI shows on DCA score sheets within a reasonable distance, most within 2.5 hours and the longest being 9 hours away. Plus Sound Sport DCI is making it even easier for Corps to participate. Corps in our area could play at DCI shows all Summer and we could have our own all age finals out here.

however, DCA finals makes money for the corps. Show me proof that right now another region can provide the amount of fans to keep attendance where it is so corps don't go broke traveling west.

however, DCA finals makes money for the corps. Show me proof that right now another region can provide the amount of fans to keep attendance where it is so corps don't go broke traveling west.

I'm not saying the Eastern Corps should travel West. I'm just saying the Corps out West should form thier own competition circuits and play in their own sand boxes.

So If we have the minumum 35 members and it costs each member 1K to go to finals plus the price of transporting our equipment there then the what 2K they give us for performing makes it all worth it? I don't think so.

DCA is perfect for the Eastern Corps and that's about it. It is fun keeping track of who wins each year and it's nice that Corps from the North aka "Midwest" show up and be competative. It's also interesting monitoring the communication between DCA Corps Veterans online.

I'm just saying it makes little sence to try and keep up with the DCA Circuit that is on the East Coast in a different Economy if a corps is located 18+ hours away. The total advantage goes to the local corps who get to compete in their own backyards.

• Like 2