Are Championships too expensive?

Well give him credit for being consistent.

:lol:

And yes, I picked this particular emoticon for a reason. Sometimes I think Mr. Hopkins prefers to bash us over the head (repeatedly) with things, as opposed to the gentle approach.

:lol:/>

And yes, I picked this particular emoticon for a reason. Sometimes I think Mr. Hopkins prefers to bash us over the head (repeatedly) with things, as opposed to the gentle approach.

Remeber last year when people wondered how C2 would be received by DCA fans?

Saw their Finals show from the side and could see the amount of love (a lot) being given the corps this year. Talk about working to erode the good will. How many times can you shoot yourself in the foot and still be able to get around.

• Like 1

And from what I heard, he skewed his budget numbers by more than half to make it look worse.

Let's be honest, he wouldn't be the first one to do that in this activity.

Agreed Mike but the victim card rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

A lot of people

It was the choice of words.

"Forces..." things like that. I'm surprised he didn't add "big, bad, mean old DCA..." :ph34r:

Having been a writer for a good deal of my adult life, I know many of the tricks of the trade when it comes to turning a relatively simple appeal/statement into an editorial, shall we say.

"Forces..." things like that. I'm surprised he didn't add "big, bad, mean old DCA..." :ph34r:

"Darth Silva said...." :tongue:

• Like 1

:spitting:/>

Couldn't resist as "Silva" fits pretty good.....

But could think of a few others that might fit better... for us old timers "Darth Lefty".

At least he scared me a bit when he came to talk to us and had no idea what to expect... :blink:

Fred... taxes were included for the concession grub n gulp so stadium is not Federal property.

Scratch this... totally forgot the places to eat on base where I work pay State tax.....

1) so no idea who "owns" the stadium land

2) doubt if DCA would get a tax break from state of MD... but we do know how commonwealth of PA is about $$$$

Jim,

Below is info found concerning stadium. State taxes are paid at concessions on bases, etc, on federal property as additional aid to the states where bases and/or federal property are located.(everywhere it's slick city :rock:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/> )

Further these states: VA, WV, DE and PA, are contiguous with Maryland and any 501c(3) organization (such as corps)does not pay taxes on hotel room costs when presenting the proper state forms if from or associated with these states. The state and hotel tax is about 14% total.

I'm not certain that DCA is a 501c (3) organization, but I would guess all North American corps who participate in DCA would have this status.

Navy – Marine Corps Memorial Stadium

2005 Stanford-Navy Game at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.jpg

Location Rowe Blvd & Taylor Ave, Annapolis, MD 21401

Coordinates 38°59′5″N 76°30′25″WCoordinates: 38°59′5″N 76°30′25″W

Broke ground 1958

Opened 1959

Owner - Department of the Navy

Operator - United States Naval Academy

Surface FieldTurf

Construction cost $3 million USD

Architect 360 Architecture (formerly CDFM2) 2004 renovations

Capacity 34,000

Tenants

Navy Midshipmen football (NCAA) (1959-present)

Navy Midshipmen men's lacrosse (Patriot League)

Games of the XXIII Olympiad - Soccer (1984)

Crystal Palace Baltimore (USL2) (2007)

Chesapeake Bayhawks (MLL) (2009- )

Military Bowl (2013– )

Below is info found concerning stadium. State taxes are paid at concessions on bases, etc, on federal property as additional aid to the states where bases and/or federal property are located.(everywhere it's slick city :rock:)

Thanks, I messed myself up thinking the base where I work did not pay taxes at the cafeteria. Problem is the taxes are included in the price (same way USNA Stadium handles it) so I didn't notice that I was paying Uncle Tommys (aka Gov Corbett) tax.

LOL - two days after Finals I went to the deli on base and *oh yeah* the $5 Lunch Special costs a fiver and 30 cents in change (6% sales tax in PA). :doh:

As for other taxes, like a lot of other Govt places, we pay the $10 occupational tax to the local community for the "priviledge" :tongue: of working there. OK, goes for the upkeep of roads, sewer and anything else a couple of thousand people pound the crap outta during the year.