Someone please explain e=mc^2 to me, because I really don't like/g

Answer after reading my comments, please :)  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Considering their title, what it implied, and what was presented, does Crown's show make sense?

• Yes, your comments didn't change my mind
    • No, your comments changed my mind
    • No, I already had this opinion
    • I don't know

When you watch a show, and you get e=mc2 announced to you, and then you see the focus going to two characters you think are in love but aren't sure....yeah you get confused because where does love come into Einsteins theories as they are fed to you in school? It's a topic you hate and try to stay awake during :tongue:/>/>/>/>

That's coming from an 18 year old watching Crown who didn't know the source material.

or better from a 68 year old..."Enstein was a science math/nerd. Who'd think women would want him?"

two qoutes said in my living room watching finals

who cares..it was a great show..and had enough in it without explanation.....thats coming from many who stood up and I would bet anything most didnt know a darn thing about any of it. :tongue:/>/> and that's from being front and center 50 yrd line LOS :smile:/>

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

Just some Einstein quotes on love, for those who don't get the point of the love poem in the middle.

1. The laws of gravity cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.

2. How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?

3. When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it’s only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think its two hours. That’s relativity.

4. Love is a better teacher than duty.

5. Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed.

6. When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.

For once in the past month...something not falsely attributed to Taylor Swift.

What a great post! Thanks a ton for these. You and I (and a few others) know that Crown's staff were reading these when they were planning their show.

Great stuff.

Happy to help. Just thought it would help, because a lot of the comments on here show that people think Einstein didn't know much about love, or cared about it. He was a passionate man, even if his two marriages didn't work out well. I'm sure the Crown staff thought about these things while planning their show.

• Like 1

For once in the past month...something not falsely attributed to Taylor Swift.

If it's on the Internet, it must always be true. Even with quotes.

• Like 1

In case anyone doesn't get the reference, it's too good to pass up and not post:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ailbhemalone/a-pinterest-user-has-been-attributing-hitler-quotes-to-taylo

I'm waiting for a corps to play the following: "The Sudetenland Is Never Ever Getting Back Together." "Austria Has Changed." "I Knew Belgium Was Trouble." "France Belongs With Me." "Half of Poland."

• Like 1

who cares..it was a great show..and had enough in it without explanation.....thats coming from many who stood up and I would bet anything most didnt know a darn thing about any of it. tongue.gif/>/> and that's from being front and center 50 yrd line LOS smile.gif/>

absolutely true.

the vast majority of fans were able to ENJOY the show without explanation.

because..it was just really good drum corps.

• Like 2

When you watch a show, and you get e=mc2 announced to you, and then you see the focus going to two characters you think are in love but aren't sure....yeah you get confused because where does love come into Einsteins theories as they are fed to you in school? It's a topic you hate and try to stay awake during :tongue:/>/>

That's coming from an 18 year old watching Crown who didn't know the source material.

or better from a 68 year old..."Enstein was a science math/nerd. Who'd think women would want him?"

two qoutes said in my living room watching finals

Unless you consider his treatment of his ex wife and his "incestuous" relationship with his cousin are considered to be just as much of his legacy as relativity, space time, and peace activism. No historical discussion is complete without them to describe how his clock ticked. More relevance to the EOTB creators.

absolutely true.

the vast majority of fans were able to ENJOY the show without explanation.

because..it was just really good drum corps.

and IMO..THATis what makes a good show..wheather its something recognisable or obscure....good is good and thats the bottom line. :smile:/>

Edited by GUARDLING