Diners, Drum Corps, and Drives

I'll trade trooping the stands for the front sideline being as close as it is in Annapolis every singe time.

Totally agree.

That "up close" thing is huge for DCA. The Annapolis stadium was ideal for that.

• Like 1

I certainly understand the limitations of the venue, as well as the acoustical and GE advantages. I also could come up with a couple of ideas, though they would have some other sacrifices. Regardless of the trade off, I really missed that tradition. I also don't see any reason why an Olympic style, 14 wide single file troop of the stands for retreat would not have been possible. I would have put Empire on the "inside lane" for sure. Think of the 13 corps waving to the cheering throngs while the Cadets dutted to stay in step! :tongue:/>

It really mirrors the noise ordinance thing...while I appreciate the circumstances, I was still disappointed.

I don't recall the situation in Rochester for certain, but I do believe there will be room? I do seem to remember some serious horn line jammin going on after retreat in the lot, so the noise thing shouldn't be an issue?

Edited by truman

...I understand the noise ordinances, but it would be nice if they could negotiate at least some music while the corps enter for retreat if we ever go back. It was a bit awkward with corps just wandering across the field in silence.

We do have a hotly contested mayoral election coming up. :)

We do have a hotly contested mayoral election coming up. :)

And a bunch of votes in those houses near the stadium. :tongue: