2013 DCA World Championships Prelims

I think you're thinking too much. I just said it was too bad that you don't like the Bucs this year because they're quite special. Which they are... since, you know... they won. Other guy rattled off numbers that literally do not matter at all, making him the biggest over-thinker of this debacle.

I'm perfectly fine with you thinking MBI should have won/should win tomorrow. I'm sure the DCA fan base is split about 50/50 on it. In your initial post, you just made it seem like you don't want Reading to win simply because they win all the time, which is what I took umbrage with. That's all. If that's not how you feel, then it was a simple misunderstanding.

Agreed. The best corps won tonight. People can argue spreads, but - from the 45-yardline - I thought the placements were accurate on the top 3. After that, well... I strongly agree with John Adcock's last post.

• Like 1

Looking forward to the show tomorrow -- stay away, rain! After a six-hour drive, I'll be in section 5, row 29, seats 19-20, with a friend who (like me last year) has never been to a drum corps show before. Wearing a light brown shirt with pictures of salamanders on the front. I'd be delighted to meet any DCP members who are there.

• Like 1

Um, why?

Just got back to Yorktown - 2&1/2 hrs, not too bad- I pretty much agree w/ all but MBI - consensus in section 5, rows 20-22 was WTH was that? Did they hire the same show designers as Blue Devils? They (like BD) did perform it well, but they take the weird caption hands-down.

I am sure I will get flamed but that is my opinion...

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1

Back home in Baltimore. Hats off to the DCP blogging crew. Great job once again!!!

Just got back to Yorktown - 2&1/2 hrs, not too bad- I pretty much agree w/ all but MBI - consensus in section 5, rows 20-22 was WTH was that? Did they hire the same show designers as Blue Devils? They (like BD) did perform it well, but they take the weird caption hands-down.

I am sure I will get flamed but that is my opinion...

Well, I was in sec 5, row 22, seat 20. The folks around me loved MBI. I think that crowd loved everybody. If there was any "performed well, but boring" vibes it was for Bucs, until the last two minutes. Once they started the Baccinnale, all bets were off.

As far as crowd reactions go, though, here's what l felt it was like, in order:

1. Caballeros - biggest crowd pops by far. Multiple standing ovations.

2. Cadets2 - multiple standing ovations, and lots of "holy crap" type comments throughout

3. Statesmen - a few small ovations and e huge one at the end

4. Minnesota/Reading - Bucs fans going nuts at the start, as always. About even at the end. Minnesota had a lot more activity mid-show than Bucs

5. Atlanta

Last nights crowd was far and away the best I've seen at any prelims show in terms of simply enjoying the corps. And with good reason. Finals will be a sight to see.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

Well, I was in sec 5, row 22, seat 20. The folks around me loved MBI. I think that crowd loved everybody. If there was any "performed well, but boring" vibes it was for Bucs, until the last two minutes. Once they started the Baccinnale, all bets were off.

As far as crowd reactions go, though, here's what l felt it was like, in order:

1. Caballeros - biggest crowd pops by far. Multiple standing ovations.

2. Cadets2 - multiple standing ovations, and lots of "holy crap" type comments throughout

3. Statesmen - a few small ovations and e huge one at the end

4. Minnesota/Reading - Bucs fans going nuts at the start, as always. About even at the end. Minnesota had a lot more activity mid-show than Bucs

5. Atlanta

Last nights crowd was far and away the best I've seen at any prelims show in terms of simply enjoying the corps. And with good reason. Finals will be a sight to see.

you are so biased. anything you say i take with a grain of salt.

• Like 2

C2 got the real shaft. They should be on Cabs' heels. I loved Atlanta (my fav show of the night) but they aren't better than C2. Heck, Fusion was far better than Empire overall. Statesmen sounded great, no doubt. But there is almost no demand anywhere in the program, and with that choice they should be squeaky clean. They aren't. Fun and exciting? Yes. But 7th.

Yes C2 was good but from what I saw the guard was a lot less clean than the rest of the corp and just did not hold up to the rest of the package. Buccs, MBI, Cabs, Corp Vets, Fusion, Empire all signifigantly better quality guards than C2. I do not know with out seeing the recap but I would guess C2s guard would be 7th at best and I am not even sure it held up to that. JMO

you are so biased. anything you say i take with a grain of salt.

Everyone has a personal bias in some way, shape, or form.