Tampa Bay Thunder moving back to DCI

They could do a loop of 6 shows from La. Miss, Al and then Atlanta - go home - 2 wks off and then do Indy. With a lot of big corps probably 8 corps a night plus the Atlanta big show. This is what high school age kids want and can commit to. They want that DCI experience because that's what they relate to and hear from friends that already do it with others corps like Boston. Remember - they have a big connection with a bus company. Spartans used to do the same when they owned a bus company. DCI takes a different level of corp organization and experience - granted. I think TBT can handle that.

Even if they do a longer tour (like Teal Sound did the last two or three years they were in Open), it's very manageable. The important thing is to not grow too quickly, and put fiscal responsibility first. I believe that's going to be their plan.

So Tampa Bay scored a 77 in DCA Class A and NOW their moving up to DCI? Am i missing something here?

Meaningless. Thunder has a solid organization, and with the fact that they skew hard towards the under 21 crowd, and the interest is definitely there, a switch makes tons of sense. As I said before, it's also going to strengthen the Sun Devils, as there is a nearby outlet for folks interested in DCA.

Meaningless. Thunder has a solid organization, and with the fact that they skew hard towards the under 21 crowd, and the interest is definitely there, a switch makes tons of sense. As I said before, it's also going to strengthen the Sun Devils, as there is a nearby outlet for folks interested in DCA.

In fact over the past few days Tampa Bay Thunde has announced taking in ATTACK indoor percussion into it's organization, as well as Tropical Brass Theater Sound Sport team, which is still all age.

Some DCA corps (CV, Kilties, Govs, MBI, etc) appear in a DCA division of a DCI show on the weekends.

TBT may be in a unique position to do that as a limited tour 7-days per week for 2, 4 or the full 6 weeks leading up to Indy, before focusing on DCA (and not have to drop any members at all)..........

This is GREAT NEWS. There is such a rich history of Open Class DCI corps from the South with strong management and a long range plan.

Tampa Bay Thunder can compete with Tar Heel Sun, the first iteration of TBT and Teal Sound to see who lasted longer.

I bet DCI is so excited to have them go through the evaluation process.

• Like 3

So Tampa Bay scored a 77 in DCA Class A, and NOW they're moving up to DCI? Am I missing something here?

They're not moving up. They're moving over.

• Like 4

This is GREAT NEWS. There is such a rich history of Open Class DCI corps from the South with strong management and a long range plan.

Tampa Bay Thunder can compete with Tar Heel Sun, the first iteration of TBT and Teal Sound to see who lasted longer.

I bet DCI is so excited to have them go through the evaluation process.

I see you left Carolina Crown out of that list.

Florida is so up and down....

DCI to DCA to DCI

Active....Not Active

Money One Month...No Money

The Florida kids want to march with the top corps and that's why they recruit down here and have camps down here BUT...Florida won't support drum corps. This is the same story in NY.

I wish TBT the very best but realistically,will this work? Can they have a large Open Class corps next seasn? What were numbers like for them this year?

• Like 1