Tampa Bay Thunder moving back to DCI

According to a post in the DCI Open Class forum, Tampa Bay Thunder has "folded" after insufficient turnout for camps. There's nothing about this news on their Facebook page or their website, but the latter was scrubbed of all information about their summer tour a few days ago, when the Tropical Brass Theater team for DCI Soundsport was announced. Does anyone know more about this? Is Thunder done for good, or are they hoping to rebuild via Soundsport to full corps status?

....and the winner wasn't Tampa Bay Thunder.

Folding before ever taking the field sets a new standard in Southern corps ineptitude.

This is GREAT NEWS. There is such a rich history of Open Class DCI corps from the South with strong management and a long range plan.
Tampa Bay Thunder can compete with Tar Heel Sun, the first iteration of TBT and Teal Sound to see who lasted longer.

I bet DCI is so excited to have them go through the evaluation process.

For those who aren't familiar with the Boston Crusaders, all of their winter camps are in Bradenton, FL.

BAC has had a large FL comtingent for years.

Their Facebook page says they have a camp coming up.

Their Facebook page says they have a camp coming up.

However, the link on that post leads to nothing. For me anyway.

I was told by a member of their management team that they have folded...

According to a post in the DCI Open Class forum, Tampa Bay Thunder has "folded" after insufficient turnout for camps. There's nothing about this news on their Facebook page or their website, but the latter was scrubbed of all information about their summer tour a few days ago, when the Tropical Brass Theater team for DCI Soundsport was announced. Does anyone know more about this? Is Thunder done for good, or are they hoping to rebuild via Soundsport to full corps status?

I have no inside information on what is going on down at TBT.

I will tell you this. I thought when I heard that they were moving from DCA to DCI when they barley had a viable DCA corps it was going to be a goat rope.

I have no inside information on what is going on down at TBT.

I will tell you this. I thought when I heard that they were moving from DCA to DCI when they barley had a viable DCA corps it was going to be a goat rope.

the logic threw me for a loop too. oh well...wish them the best in the future

I have a voicemail from someone on their admin team. Unfortunately TBT will not be back in DCI or DCA. What stinks is that I really enjoyed the in state rivalry. It forced us to grow together, thusly bringing a better product to the masses. All the best to those who were involved. We'll see you down the road.

I have a voicemail from someone on their admin team. Unfortunately TBT will not be back in DCI or DCA. What stinks is that I really enjoyed the in state rivalry. It forced us to grow together, thusly bringing a better product to the masses. All the best to those who were involved. We'll see you down the road.

That's ok JJ, we can have the friendly rivalry between neighbor states! Really looking forward to coming to your show.

Dan

• Like 2