2013 DCA World Championships Finals

I'm signing off DCP until DCAs next year. (Thanks again Kevin, Brent, and Todd!) I missed you John!

Thanks, Key, for that amazing brass book! U r totes the best in the business right now!

Just got home.

So, the top three. Minnesota has nothing to be ashamed of, as they left it all out there on the field. They just ran into a freight train of a Caballeros corps that was super clean, and somehow found an even higher gear when it came to energy level. I thought when Minnesota was done that it would be very close with Cabs and could go either way.

Reading came out and simply closed the deal. Were they perfect? Certainly not. But they dropped a performance that was just fantastic. I'm also in agreement on the caption winners. Minnesota's percussion was out for blood, and Cabs' color guard was a thing of beauty, while Reading's brass was simply magnificent.

I'll write a weekend wrap-up later, but this was far and away the best top eight or so I have ever seen at DCA.

• Like 2

Reading came out and simply closed the deal. Were they perfect? Certainly not. But they dropped a performance that was just fantastic.

Agree.

Upstairs in the press box in Annapolis, it is tough to hear the brass/percussion stuff. But we get a great view of the visual programs. Quite frankly, to say the Bucs had trouble marching entire sections of their show earlier in the season would be an understatement. But they had no such trouble at Finals. No trouble at all. Great performance.

Statesmen also brought out the Mr. B mural so he could be on the retreat field with them one last time.

That was a great move on their part.

I'm sure Vince was smiling. I sure as heck know I was.

• Like 1

I have to say that is the best drum corps event I have attended since DCI Championship in 1984. Great job DCA. I hope they are planning on a DC area show next year.

Scott Smith

I have to say that is the best drum corps event I have attended since DCI Championship in 1984. Great job DCA. I hope they are planning on a DC area show next year.

Scott Smith

And I hope Annapolis bids for 2016 & 2017 - I think a lot of folks would agree they'd be a slam dunk.

• Like 1

Best DCA weekend top to bottom in decades. I really have few placement issues but I will get to those in my review.

• Like 3

Best DCA weekend top to bottom in decades. I really have few placement issues but I will get to those in my review.

Looking forward to your review. We dug Prelims...good performances, good food and great venue for drum corps sight and sound. Really enjoyed the entertainment value of Empire Statesmen as they 'exit stage left.' Looking at Finals recap, it seems like C2 might have finished 4th overall with a stronger guard score; but the top six corps were all strong in different and enjoyable ways.

• Like 1