2013 DCA World Championships Finals

It's completely fair. The higher-ups at Heartliner believed in the activity enough to make an trans-Atlantic trip out. DCA could have at least tried to maximize the audience to say, "hey, we also believe in what you do."

Lots of people couldn't make it to the Dock show Thursday or Class A prelims. A finals exhibition performance would have made a lot of those people (myself included) happy.

They need to get rid of the non-finalist Open Class exhibition performance anyway. If you don't make finals, you don't make finals.

In the process you completely dismiss the other corps that believe in DCA. They worked just as hard.

Well technically it's called WORLD championships..........so having an international champs is well.............

I understand, appreciate that they came the furthest and spent the most money to get to Annapolis, but, the fact is, they didn't put anymore blood or sweat in than any other corps, and having them perform may have bumped out another corps and that's not fair either.

Obligatory IMO

ARe your freakin kidding me? They would not have bumped another corps out? DCA knew they were coming with plenty of advanced noticed. Do you really think it would have been that hard to find another 11 min to schedule you them in?? Maybe start another 11 min early? Heck even offer them a opprotunity to play at the Alumni show. Something for paying out all that money to come play in your sandbox for a 6th place finish.

Its not that hard to figure out.

• Like 2

I'd really like to know the answer to this as well. I had really hoped they would get to perform in exhibition as "International Champs" or the like in front of the finals crowd. I know scheduling is super tight but it seems like a missed opportunity for everyone if they weren't offered that chance to perform.

As I posted in another thread, IMO DCA fans should be exposed more to corps outside of North America.... Heartliner had an entertaining show and would be a different experience to see how Europe sees "our" activity.

How about the freakin' waiting for the scores/corps to get lined up for retreat exhibition????

Plus hearing "Leaving On A Jet Plane" again would have made my wifes night.... :smile:

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

ARe your freakin kidding me? They would not have bumped another corps out? DCA knew they were coming with plenty of advanced noticed. Do you really think it would have been that hard to find another 11 min to schedule you them in?? Maybe start another 11 min early? Heck even offer them a opprotunity to play at the Alumni show. Something for paying out all that money to come play in your sandbox for a 6th place finish.

Its not that hard to figure out.

Relax there buddy, I meant NO disrespect towards Heartliners, and if something could have been done that great, but not at the expense of others that worked hard all summer too - that's my point.

How are you experts doing these days, the ones that you trust in when you told me to COUNT ON IT, you know when you guaranteed that C2 would be passing Cabs and leaving them in the dust.................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Nothing better then people pontificating on something they know nothing about, but on what they heard at the watercooler. I'm NOT freaking kidding you.

• Like 5

In the process you completely dismiss the other corps that believe in DCA. They worked just as hard.

Even an organization as tone-deaf as DCI makes sure their international units get a wide audience during finals week.

If DCA wants to shed the image of being an "east coast circuit," there's still some work to be done.

And don't make this about "the other corps." Did the other corps take the same financial and organizational risks to travel overseas?

• Like 3

Relax there buddy, I meant NO disrespect towards Heartliners, and if something could have been done that great, but not at the expense of others that worked hard all summer too - that's my point.

How are you experts doing these days, the ones that you trust in when you told me to COUNT ON IT, you know when you guaranteed that C2 would be passing Cabs and leaving them in the dust.................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Nothing better then people pontificating on something they know nothing about, but on what they heard at the watercooler. I'm NOT freaking kidding you.

Well, the Cab's guard certainly smoked C2...props to their superiority in that caption; and I gave the edge to Cabs' brass (based on Prelims comparison)...but the .2 spread in Percussion (Finals) could certainly be up for discussion :-)

Heartliner still has three shows. The German Open is this Saturday, Drum Corps Nederland on 21 September and the Drum Corps Europe championships on 28 September.

Best wishes to them. Solid corps.

They were fun to watch, and they sure seemed to be enjoying themselves here in the USA. I hope they come back someday soon!

Best wishes to them. Solid corps.

They were fun to watch, and they sure seemed to be enjoying themselves here in the USA. I hope they come back someday soon!

I hope they do too.

Ich bin sehr stolz auf Heartliner. Sie vertreten unsere Heimat sehr gut! Und sie haben viele Fans in Amerika.

Well, the Cab's guard certainly smoked C2...props to their superiority in that caption; and I gave the edge to Cabs' brass (based on Prelims comparison)...but the .2 spread in Percussion (Finals) could certainly be up for discussion :-)

Honestly, the color guard is the caption keeping C2 from dueling with Bucs, Cabs, and Minnesota. Regardless of how you feel about Statesmen's numbers, the difference in placement there was C2's guard score.

Frankly, it's become an major issue. I understand that Cadets2 wants to emulate the A corps in terms of style and teaching, but the current guard staff doesn't understand how to TEACH fundamentals, particularly to members with little experience. It's a problem that A corps hasn't had to deal with, and that last year's staff didn't handle well either. While the dancing and weapon line progressed at a high rate over the summer, the flags did not. Some of that falls on poor guard work design that was doubly exposed by excellent guard staging, but it's mostly going to come down to fundamentals.

I also understand C2's wanting to use A corps veterans as tech staff, they need to get some folks on the guard, visual, and (to a much lesser extent) brass staffs that know and understand teaching to inexperienced. That's an area where the Buccaneers, Caballeros, and Minnesota Brass excel.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1