dca weekend thoughts

Why is it DCA allows the 11th place corps to do the exhibition when we had a corps from Germany in the house? No disespect to Sun, as I enjoyed seeing you again....but what's the message? "We take 10 corps into finals, but we let the first lower perform anyways, and oh hey thanks for coming across the pond Heartliner....one and done?" It makes no sense.

Thanks for bringing this up as some others had the same question. Won't reveal who because of corps affilation but Heartliner had a good entertaining show and some interesting guard work (if I noticed it was interesting) going on.

Think it would have been a credit to DCA and a big thank you to the corps if they had been able to perform before more people. And DCA fans should be exposed to more non-NA (in this case North America) corps.

• Like 2

Why is it DCA allows the 11th place corps to do the exhibition when we had a corps from Germany in the house? No disespect to Sun, as I enjoyed seeing you again....but what's the message? "We take 10 corps into finals, but we let the first loser perform anyways, and oh hey thanks for coming across the pond Heartliner....one and done?" It makes no sense.

Unless there's a legitimate reason Heartliner didn't perform Sunday, I think this was a colossal mistake on DCA's part. So many people missed out on a chance to see them. Even DCI sees the value in promoting other groups from other circuits.

And just get rid of the non-finalist exhibition performance.

• Like 4

Thanks for bringing this up as some others had the same question. Won't reveal who because of corps affilation but Heartliner had a good entertaining show and some interesting guard work (if I noticed it was interesting) going on.

Wow... Jim, I thought the same thing about their guard. Another non-guard person here... but Heartliner's guard seemed to be doing some stuff that I really hadn't seen much from other guards.

Wow... Jim, I thought the same thing about their guard. Another non-guard person here... but Heartliner's guard seemed to be doing some stuff that I really hadn't seen much from other guards.

And they were credited for it as well, placing third in guard at prelims.

The PA announcer for Finals was wearing a very tastefully-appointed, nautical-themed shirt, in honor of the venue's proximity to the Chesapeake Bay. :tongue:/>

Plus someone told me he had crabs, another nautical tribute.

That announcer is very thematic...

You know him?

• Like 2

And they were credited for it as well, placing third in guard at prelims.

That's good to know. They just seemed like a breath of fresh air to me.

That announcer is very thematic...

You know him?

No, not really. :ph34r:

No, not really. :ph34r:/>

Sort of mysterious too.

I'll bet when he drinks beer... he prefers Dos Equis...

• Like 1

Yes, I find it very dumb to allow the 11th position corps to perform, regardless of if there is an international corps there or not.

I really enjoyed Sun this year when I saw them. I have a lot of respect for the hard work they put in, and this isn't geared to them, rather anyone who is 11th. If you want to perform on Sunday, make the Top 10. After all, what's the logic behind telling the 12 place corps they can't play, but the 1st loser can.

• Like 3