Govenaires

Kansan

I thought this was a Govies thread. Congrats to them for another great season!

When WS asked me to come aboard last year and all through the writing and training process I kept reminding them that they didn't have to beat the Bucs, and to look at the model that the Govies use for their success. They are the epitome of what a small drum corps should do from a design standpoint. Hat's off (pun intended) to you guys.

Oh yeah...Dennis Argul is the man! Larry P. has been making them sound good for years. Both Ex Bushwackers from the great years. Go figure.

Donny

Edited by Donny Drum Corps
  • Like 3

Thanks Donny (and all),

Donny congrats on the trifecta! Also Bobby B who was only a point in back of you in individuals with his sweet sound was this years brass caption head.

He's keeping the tradition going.

It looks like W S is doing what John Mayer suggested. Thanks for the flattery.

Lar P

Gov love

Yeah Bobby is QUITE talented!

• 2 weeks later...

Sixteen in the horn line (including a tubist who marched but didn't play because his arm was in a sling) is actually a step up from last year, when Govenaires only had twelve!

This year, I was tickled to discover on arriving at my hotel, an hour before Finals, that Govies were staying there.

Sixteen in the horn line (including a tubist who marched but didn't play because his arm was in a sling) is actually a step up from last year, when Govenaires only had twelve!

This year, I was tickled to discover on arriving at my hotel, an hour before Finals, that Govies were staying there.

I wonder what their turnover in members is like inthe Hornline. Do they keep people longer or is it a different group every year or two?

For the most part Govies hornline have about a 75-80% turnover consistently from year to year. In 2013, we had what was a huge rookie class (for us at least) of 6 in the hornline and 10 of 12 returning members from the 2012 season.

10 returning is really good. Adding 6 new is good as well.