Thunder Brigade

Did anyone else find a card for this Laurel, MD group on their car windshield over the weekend? I noticed it the morning after Finals as we prepared to leave our hotel, but I assume it was actually placed on the car at the stadium and I just missed it in the dark. Here is their website. I can't find that they've been mentioned on DCP yet; does anyone know more about them?

I got one! It's definitely from Finals at the stadium.

I was in Cabs for just one year when I lived in Hawthorne but it made a big impression on me and I miss it. I live in Annapolis now and was actually thinking about Shenandoah Sound even though they're so far away, so I would love to get in on some MD corps action. As far as I can tell from the website and other online presence it's mostly been a drumline to this point but I'll be keeping an eye out for the open house.

I was in Cabs for just one year when I lived in Hawthorne but it made a big impression on me and I miss it. I live in Annapolis now and was actually thinking about Shenandoah Sound even though they're so far away, so I would love to get in on some MD corps action. As far as I can tell from the website and other online presence it's mostly been a drumline to this point but I'll be keeping an eye out for the open house.

We're not as far away as you might think. From Annapolis to Manassas is only 70 miles (hour & change of driving). I live in Sykesville and I make the drive-not too bad on a weekend morning. I don't know anything about the new group, but I will say that we (Shenandoah Sound) are a stable, established corps in good shape and we will continue to be the corps for the DC area.

• Like 1

No one says you still can't be part of the Caballero's either. We have a van that comes up from Maryland and Delaware every weekend.

Get in touch with Mike Ryan for more details

cabscontra@aol.com

• Like 1

Aww, you guys are sweet! I'll have to see what happens. I honestly don't know if I could handle Cabs anymore, though having a ride makes it tempting. It was a pretty big challenge when I was 23 and lived less than a mile from the post, so know that I'm going to be 30 (aka like twice that in color guard years) and 200+ miles away it would be rough.

• 4 weeks later...

Officially the closest corps to me now.

I might go check out a rehearsal if time permits this season. Still much to be decided in regards to my hopeful return to DCA.

• Like 1