BD '14 show design - possible announcement!

No, I just read something about spiders and moths. Then I realized I had better things to do thn trying to understand what the heck is going on.

Too easy. Must resist urge for smart-### response.

Garry in Vegas

Too easy. Must resist urge for smart-### response.

Garry in Vegas

Yes, I too saw that he was a bass drummer but held my tongue.

(Those Holy Bass guys would string me up, ha, ha.)

Edited by drilltech1
  • Like 1

I bet the author has a t-shirt on that says "i'm with stupid" and hat that says "who farted".

I as a fly on the wall of BD's '14 design meeting had to squeeze in as Sam the Spider, curled up like a green team gear, Charlie the maroon centipede, and Manny the Ft. Mill moth who would become a purple butterfly, had already beaten me on board. SCV had captured Hearst Castle in their last foray in Parisian squabbles and had holed up there to host their VC championship banquet while PC had cornered the beach resorts along the Carmel coast. So here the SS Concord was afloat somewhere before reaching Catalina to discuss, dissect, and determine a better direction for the '14 season. The carpenters had been let go as the cabinets did not need to be altered since '13 had proven unlucky with no new trophies to add. They had tried to get that creative genius from JDFuncorps to join them, but he was holding out for tour money with Spirit. Thus the mood of the meeting seemed strained, even stiff, yet this veteran staff paddled on. They were debating whether they would continue last year's strategy of having Plan9 and BDSop post a new thead about BD every other day on DCP so that the corps was not forgotten in the public eye.

"But DeeRae said we'd make loads of money from doing that movie thing! But today's kids aren't buying enough of our souvies. Where's the money? They just want those little monsters and anything with purple pants. We didn't plan well enough for their reaction to Einstein and friends. We should have had all that screaming and cheering in Indy, well before we even took the field. Even the judges now are doing that funny counting. And our blue system kids—since we officially dropped "C' from the alphabet (for Cadets, Cavaliers, and Crown), all they are reciting is A, B, B, D! Plus they keep shouting Blooo when we come out and Canton is claiming royalties. God help us if Denver wants the same if it's at night."

"We've got to get back to our roots! The audience and some judges want a "dog and pony show." Even our alumni started to complain that we're too cerebral. Don't mention "ponies." Crown did that already in '07 after they paid royalties to Troopers who think hosses belong to them. Remember the mocking of our coat racks?"

"Well if it's "park and bark" they want, we'll have to give it to them. That will get us out of the dog house. Yeah, maybe we need to throw the audience and some judges a bone." "Wait, wait, wait. I the great Chandler have an idea. This article I have been reading to distract me from my sea-sickness says that Americans spend 47.7 Billion dollars on the care of their pets. What if we could tap into that? What if we really gave them "park and BARK?" "But what if Torchia or Grandma are 'cat people?" "Well the cub scout pack of cheddar- headers already did "Cats." No they did 'Memories." We could always pick other numbers from that show."

"And Wayne has always wanted to do a jazzed up version of Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Saens to give it real zip compared to what those classical Rockford rangers did with it." "Well, we'd have to be careful with animals, I mean Crown already has Barney and wormholes, Phantom has the dragon, Hopkins is always talking about the Elephant in the room, and DCP would expect dinosaurs." "DCP is no problem because we could try "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo" by Lobo as our warm-up. Who'd bark at Boo? Plus Brian can be our drum major with Scoobie-Doo and Snoopy.

ScoJo got excited. "How about if the pit started it off with a seven voice canon of "How much is that doggie in the window?" for the pre-show? We could call it our tribute to Annette Funicello. Then half the guard could be costumed like canines and the other half as felines. We could trade the red balls in for tennis balls and balls of yarn." "Well after last year's outfit and tattoos, leather and chains wouldn't be a far stretch!" "No, how about if instead of the guard, it was BDC dressed like that? As little puppies and kitties! We would have kids and their grandparents in the palm of our hands! Who wouldn't feel gushy seeing the little darlings? They all mastered the System Blue already: blue ice, good; yellow snow, bad. Blue skies, good; brown nappies, bad. Etc. Besides, BDB are still popping their pimples over their loss to SCVC; using the little kids would shock them back into focus.

DG chirped up. "I'm getting into this. We could do a Bocook thing and bop and chop great dog tunes like Lassie, and Rin-Tin-Tin and Danny Elfman's version of the Jetsons for Astro, of course.

And Elvis's Hound Dog, and "Who Let the Dogs Out?" by the Ba Ha men. "And What about 'Cat's Cradle" by Stevens? Oh, this is going to be good! Look at all the numbers I get to choose from!!!

http://dogvacay.com/...puppy-playlist/

http://answers.yahoo...14144557AAuZHxc

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/list.php?listid=68339

Emmons and Ryan chimed in together, "Well we could rotate a bone, do a lot of stop-and-goes, and use dog houses as props complete with seating areas, mirrors, and even fire hydrants, made from PVC pipe of course. But will we still get to do the special drill we've been working on, 7 different ways to make the letter G...for Gibbs,of course?"

"If it gets us a ring! No poosey-footing around this season. Our soloists will sound like dog whistles and that will get Saucedo and his Carmel Greyhounds whistling in Indy for more. Yes, this is our year!!!

So we are agreed ladies and gentlemen.

It's "Best Friends, Canines and Cats" or as it will be forever known on the tour busses nationwide, "Paws and Claws, BD '14" That is, until some band director steals it. Then we'll get them with royalties! (cNdP '13)

• Like 2

Awese, c'mon you guys. It was pretty funny, and if the BD staff doesn't get a laugh out if it I'd be surprised.

Garry in Vegas