So I changed my mind

I missed about 5 years of corps over my stubborness. I have some catching up to do.

Cadets 2013 show is amazing, and yeah, a great balance of old and new . . .however, as you're catching up, and with your aversion to vocals . . .well, you may want to stay away from 2007 and 2008. :tongue:

Cadets 2013 show is amazing, and yeah, a great balance of old and new . . .however, as you're catching up, and with your aversion to vocals . . .well, you may want to stay away from 2007 and 2008. :tongue:/>

Though BD 2007 had no vocals if I recall.

Crown 2007 used the vocals perfectly.

• Like 2

It isn't total aversion to vocals, just over usage. Even then it would be everyones own opinion as to what that constitutes. Mine would be in the realm of the Yowza show.

It isn't total aversion to vocals, just over usage. Even then it would be everyones own opinion as to what that constitutes. Mine would be in the realm of the Yowza show.

just curious what you thought of Crown's useage if you were privileged to see them live?

just curious what you thought of Crown's useage if you were privileged to see them live?

I saw them in Minnesota. I took my son to the Lacrosse show and I decided I enjoyed the shows so much that I surprised him by taking him to MN the next day. It was a GREAT show. The only thing I remember about the vocals in their show was the repitition of counting. I didn't think it was too crazy, but I was also just blown away by everything that was going on, so I may have been overlooking it. I know I enjoyed their music enough to go back to their booth and buy their tour cd.

I saw them in Minnesota. I took my son to the Lacrosse show and I decided I enjoyed the shows so much that I surprised him by taking him to MN the next day. It was a GREAT show. The only thing I remember about the vocals in their show was the repitition of counting. I didn't think it was too crazy, but I was also just blown away by everything that was going on, so I may have been overlooking it. I know I enjoyed their music enough to go back to their booth and buy their tour cd.

Welcome back... Drum Corps as a whole missed you! It's great your son is into it too... I managed to get mine to march with me for one season in the Renegades... But he just had other things he wanted to do with his time.

• Like 1

wasn't Crown 2007 the horses? one of the cheesiest uses of vocals in DCI...

However, it was tolerated by just about everyone because it...

...worked

...was humorous and brought many smiles to many faces

...waited until within the very final minute of the show

If anyone wishes to read more about this very show, it was featured just this past Monday in the weekly column I write for a different drum corps website.

• Like 9