When will Eastern corps travel (Mid)West?

Beer? I've never been to a Drum Corps Show were beer was sold. All the shows I've been to were DCI except the one DCA show in Denton and I'm pretty sure no beer was there as it was a high School Stadium. It never occurred to me to even consider Beer as a factor in Drum & Bugle Corps. The only time I considered beer was having corps members sell beer at the Royals and Chiefs games as a fundraiser for our Corps.

beer is a money maker for the stadium and the concessions vendor. basically it's profit.

OK I agree with only going to shows within a reasonable travel radius, I agree with growing the regions and I don't like going to shows that are sparsely attended.

So everyone that is not within 4 hours of Finals should not go because there is a chance they could go broke. Since it's true for an Eastern Corps it is certainly true for a corps outside the East Coast.

I think we have reached the end of this thread and possibly the internet.

no one forces corps to go to championships. SoCal Dream is still out there plugging along, and it's been a few years since they came in.

What was the total ticket sales for DCA at the last 5 DCA Champoinships ,I know in Rochester they seemed to have larger crowds at preliums than finals .Im sure the 50th. at Rochester will be smaller crowds now that there's no longer any corps from upstate.If all the non northeastern corps decided to boycot DCA for one year what would you have? The time is coming to move DCA Championships outside the northeast to grow the all-age corps .

I dont know exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure attendance in Rochester dropped a little every year. I'm pretty certain Annapolis had higher attendance in year 2 than they had in year 1

Beer? I've never been to a Drum Corps Show were beer was sold. All the shows I've been to were DCI except the one DCA show in Denton and I'm pretty sure no beer was there as it was a high School Stadium. It never occurred to me to even consider Beer as a factor in Drum & Bugle Corps. The only time I considered beer was having corps members sell beer at the Royals and Chiefs games as a fundraiser for our Corps.

Racine at Historic Horlick Field.

• Like 1

dude, you need to get out more,...........happens a lot.

Heck, I remember going to the DCA preview shows in Reading, and the vendors were selling bottled beer right in the stands,.......all the way to today's era where going to the Buffalo DCI shows and getting cold ones,..........

I tend to believe Jeff's championship attendance post is correct. I also believe, as our society, economy, and technology changes, in-person attendance totals will be rendered less important than they were in earlier years. A "smallish" Rochester stadium can still be the foundation of a profitable weekend for the corps.

Racine at Historic Horlick Field.

Well if I was resistant about the idea of going back to Rochester for 2 more years, if DCA awards that contract, going here would be a sure way to insure I skipped the next 4 years of DCA championships.

• Like 1

Well if I was resistant about the idea of going back to Rochester for 2 more years, if DCA awards that contract, going here would be a sure way to insure I skipped the next 4 years of DCA championships.

I foresee the thread diverting to the argument of which of the Great Lakes is actually greater? Michigan or Ontario. One is superior!:tongue:

• Like 4