Bucky Swan

I feel like a balloon with all the air let out.

Funny thing though, Bucky would be laughing about it...

How strange that it should happen during the traditional "Wildwood Weekend" when Bucky would be found in front of the Garden State with a plastic cup of beer haranguing every group and every individual that passed by.

Like Pepe, truly one of a kind.

And like Pepe, if someone were to start a thread of "Bucky Swan stories" it would eventually be longer than "The History of the Westshoremen" or longer in fact than the Pentateuch of the Old Testament.

There's an awful lot of funny, inspirational, true stories that can, and should be told about Bucky.

And about the RIP? I don't think anyone up there will rest in peace from today onward, and they'll be better off for the addition.

And Gabriel better go back to practicing every day. Be rough getting showed up by a rookie.

• Like 1

Bucky was one of our Brass instructors back with the Meadowlarks in the mid/late 60's along with Gus Wilke. He had a way of making you comfortable, but drawing the best out of you. If you look back at both The Meadowlarks & St Andrews, we were truly blessed to have had two of the best instructors, mentors & friends we possibly could have. Back then, as kids usually do, I really don't think I appreciated just how lucky we were. May he rest in peace.

• Like 1

How strange that it should happen during the traditional "Wildwood Weekend" when Bucky would be found in front of the Garden State with a plastic cup of beer haranguing every group and every individual that passed by.

And like Pepe, if someone were to start a thread of "Bucky Swan stories" it would eventually be longer than "The History of the Westshoremen" or longer in fact than the Pentateuch of the Old Testament.

There's an awful lot of funny, inspirational, true stories that can, and should be told about Bucky.

And about the RIP? I don't think anyone up there will rest in peace from today onward, and they'll be better off for the addition.

And Gabriel better go back to practicing every day. Be rough getting showed up by a rookie.

Beautifully said!

BUCKY'S WORLD

In Bucky's World

Where we go to escape,

There is never a frown,

Or a tear.

It's a world full of welcome,

And smiles, and joy,

Where no one need cower,

Or fear.

Bucky's World is festive,

With music and drink,

Where camaraderie lives,

Through the year.

A chamber of fable,

And legend, and myth,

With his fanciful stories,

To hear.

It's to this special world,

That we always return,

To see Swanee,

The musical seer.

For his impish grin,

And devilish style,

To our hearts,

Is so very dear.

With a nickname like Broadway,

He is surely a star,

An eternal child,

Still filled with cheer.

And to keep him that way,

In Bucky's World,

If you treat him nice,

He'll let you buy him a beer.

• Like 1

BUCKY'S WORLD

In Bucky's World

Where we go to escape,

There is never a frown,

Or a tear.

It's a world full of welcome,

And smiles, and joy,

Where no one need cower,

Or fear.

Bucky's World is festive,

With music and drink,

Where camaraderie lives,

Through the year.

A chamber of fable,

And legend, and myth,

With his fanciful stories,

To hear.

It's to this special world,

That we always return,

To see Swanee,

The musical seer.

For his impish grin,

And devilish style,

To our hearts,

Is so very dear.

With a nickname like Broadway,

He is surely a star,

An eternal child,

Still filled with cheer.

And to keep him that way,

In Bucky's World,

If you treat him nice,

He'll let you buy him a beer.

I hope you don't mind.... I shared this on my facebook page!! Hugs!!!

Edited by NanciD
  • Like 1

I love this tribute!!! <3

WOW!!! I hadn't heard. We've lost a legend. I guess I'll say the same thing that many people here would say. I'm one of the thousands of kids that this great legend taught. He was my very 1st instructor, Raiders of 88 Highland Park New Jersey, 1967.