Ohio State University

Following up last year's very entertaining video game show TBDBITL performed a show this past Saturday that had me reflecting on some of the fun drum corps fans came to know with the Velvet Knights, Bridgemen and now with Jersey Surf.

I like how they used the huge scoreboard at The Shoe as a prop in the show.

Last week the school up north (Michigan for those of you south of the Ohio border) did a script O H N O. The OSU band had a fun response this week.

Halftime could be better than the game this year.

• Like 1

Following up last year's very entertaining video game show TBDBITL performed a show this past Saturday that had me reflecting on some of the fun drum corps fans came to know with the Velvet Knights, Bridgemen and now with Jersey Surf.

Last week the school up north (Michigan for those of you south of the Ohio border) did a script O H N O. The OSU band had a fun response this week.

As a tOSU alum, it seems REALLY odd to hear someone compare TBDBITL, one of the most traditional old-school high profile collegiate bands out there, to VK. I'm not saying you're wrong (and this video = you are absolutely correct), it's just weird!

It will be interesting to see what the schools do throughout the season. Both marching bands a pretty respected and well-liked by their audiences, but it's fun to see them feed into the rivalry even more than usual! I know that one of the two schools has a pretty big idea planned/designed for this season (that is not a dig at the rival school) that the University is hoping will be as viral as tOSU video game show or the Hawaii stickman-kicks-a-football show.

• Like 1

No, because Ohio State sucks.

Michigan's show this week involved giant laser displays, so they clearly upped the ante on that rivalry.

• Like 6

No, because Ohio State sucks.

Michigan's show this week involved giant laser displays, so they clearly upped the ante on that rivalry.

That was a VERY impressive LIGHT SHOW.

Music - to Ohio State

Marching - to Ohio State

General Effect - to Ohio State

Best use of a gimmick that will work one time - Michigan

• Like 7

Note to self: Use free time to create Big 10 Band Planet.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 5

That was a VERY impressive LIGHT SHOW.

Music - to Ohio State

Marching - to Ohio State

General Effect - to Ohio State

Best use of a gimmick that will work one time - Michigan

Degree of difficulty was probably much higher with the Michigan show, since they had no frame of reference for timing, since it was dark on the field. Pretty hard to see a drum major or lines. I'm surprised it didn't tear every bar.

• Like 1

Ugh,

No. Never like VK. Sorry. Loved VK. Love OSUMB. Pretty different. Thanks! Good show. Still love the Quad Script Ohio though...

• Like 1