Ohio State University

It's okay, the michigan marching band color guard doesn't even toss....

Real marching bands don't have color guards.

On Wisconsin!

If they don't spell their name at the beginning of each game, they're liable to forget what it is. Shame....

• Like 2

I don't know. Michigan I think only forms an "M" because that's about all they can understand with their feeble intellects

Nah, they only need the hint, not the whole thing spelled out for them. Plus, no NCAA sanctions up in Wolverine country.

• Like 2

Nah, they only need the hint, not the whole thing spelled out for them. Plus, no NCAA sanctions up in Wolverine country.

Meechigan did have some problems around 2002 and later for the basketball program, due to some of the Fab 5...

Some people feel it's in the Top three scandals.... http://www.realclear...html?state=stop

...and it looks like the football program is or very recently WAS under probation for problems of its own.

http://www.michigand...ootball-program

The National Collegiate Athletic Association has announced that it has placed the Michigan football program on a three-year probation.

Frankly, that's sad too.

Now to bring this back to drumcorps, it doesn't seem like DCI would do any of these things to corps that break the rules. What I've seen is a corps being DQed in the past for overage members and/or those members being expelled from the corps before finals.

Edited by jjeffeory

Not recently...

They did have some problems around 2002 and later for the basketball program, due to some of the Fab 5...

Yeah, but luckily they've rebounded well enough from the sanctions to make it the championship game this year, hopefully more in the future.

Can you guys take this to Marching Band Planet? This thread made me throw up in my mouth a little. Especially the comparison to VK part.

Garry in Vegas

You got that one right. Bunch of bandos...it is cute to see their responses. Cute...like a little wet kitten...cute. I am old VK and I am TBDBITL, there is no comparison, at all.

• Like 2

I'm always kind of surprised when people bash on college marching bands, but maybe it's just me. People always complain and say drum corps shows need to be more entertaining and fun for the "normal" audience, and that's pretty much what college bands deliver. They're not out there producing some high-brow show, it's usually a really easy to grasp show with recognizable music. What's so bad about that? The kids enjoy it, and the people in the stands seem to. Maybe that's where people can go that just want entertaining shows all summer, just shift your viewing to the fall?

• Like 3