Ohio State University

and from the other half of Ohio...

as on ABC news today...

Ohio U works very hard at being the anti-Ohio State, for obvious reasons.

I think the school has been rated the #1 party school in the country for a couple of years.

And notice the 30 or so alternates on the sidelines...

I think the school has been rated the #1 party school in the country for a couple of years.

And notice the 30 or so alternates on the sidelines...

oh I thought those were the academically ineligible due to NCAA requirements....

Oh.. So Ohio U actually HAS admission standards?

:w00t:

• Like 2

Degree of difficulty was probably much higher with the Michigan show, since they had no frame of reference for timing, since it was dark on the field. Pretty hard to see a drum major or lines. I'm surprised it didn't tear every bar.

Probably did some run-throughs with blindfolds on to get the feel...

We have a WINNER! Of best song choice, anyways.

does this qualify for consideration for BD '14's Paws and Claws show that Normy Diploome scooped last week???

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Does this sound a little familiar? I remember a few years back a college band wanted to take a jab at a heated rival school who had football players accused of rape of a coed. The show idea was to have a school girl dressed in the rival colors, i.e. pigtails, very short kilt and knee high socks, knock at a door of a house front set on the 50 yard line and as she went in, the house would start rocking. The band pretended to portray the skit into something not associated at all with the rival school, but higher ups pulled the plug on this idea thankfully. Not something to joke about or mimic, but some schools and alums will hit below the belt when a incident like this makes the news.

I think it might be worthwhile trying to figure out why people prefer Ohio State's show to Crown's, and asking if there is something that OSU or other college bands are doing that would actually be beneficial to drum corps.

Aside from being associated with a large university and drafting off the alum/local affinity for that university? Nope, can't think of much. The average Big 10 band show is the musical equivalent of a Happy Meal. The only thing missing is the toy.

• Like 3