Ohio State University

I heard about OSU's Michael Jackson show when the DJ on a local top 40 music station praised it. Free publicity helps!

Wow! That's awesome!!

TBDBITL's 'new' Director has done quite a great job making a name for himself the last two years!

And to be fair, I know that U of Michigan has a show planned this season that 'tells a story' via stick figures that will quite possibly also get quite a lot of viral video love (or at least, that's what their band director is hoping I'm sure)

Edited by perc2100

I heard about OSU's Michael Jackson show when the DJ on a local top 40 music station praised it. Free publicity helps!

One of my coworkers who knows I do "something" with HS bands brought me over to his desk to watch the video of OSU. He was VERY excited about it. He thought it was very cool!

One of my coworkers who knows I do "something" with HS bands brought me over to his desk to watch the video of OSU. He was VERY excited about it. He thought it was very cool!

This the equivalent to the work acquaintance that knows I am a "racing fan" and gives me a Jeff Gordon mug as a gift. Because I go to the Indy 500 every year, and went to all of the F1 US Grand Prix's in Indianapolis. So = Jeff Gordon fan.

I cannot wait for the new season to start and watch as this thread mercifully disappears.

• Like 2

If a drum corps did a move like the moon-walking MJ, does anyone think it would score well in DCI? I'm not saying do the same visual book as tOSU Marching Band, but if it were typically awesome DCI visual design, with the moon-walk instead of, maybe, a company front or a park & blow, could this be scored well on DCI sheets? I think audiences would dig this sort of move: would judges?

• Like 1

If a drum corps did a move like the moon-walking MJ, does anyone think it would score well in DCI? I'm not saying do the same visual book as tOSU Marching Band, but if it were typically awesome DCI visual design, with the moon-walk instead of, maybe, a company front or a park & blow, could this be scored well on DCI sheets? I think audiences would dig this sort of move: would judges?

Why...pft...are you kidding? Pft.

Well!...that's BAND! Pft Yack

"Psst: Don't tell George."

(Cesario watching the show by the glass, dancing and clapping. "Lookie! Isn't it wonderful?" Let's DO that!")

(Cesario watching the show by the glass, dancing and clapping. "Lookie! Isn't it wonderful?" Let's DO that!")

I would maybe fly out to the midwest for Finals, my first since Pasadena, to see a corps to a 'movie stick figure' vis move of a Cesario-taking-a-bath-in-chocolate phrase :tounge2::tounge2:

You know this week's show has jumped the shark when the story shows up on the UK Daily Mail site. It was there for about two days and has now rolled off as old news.

(until next week's show :tounge2: )

...and this week's show seemed to be loved again.... Still has some moving people, wizards, and dinosaurs that the crowd ate up. There was a nice open ocean ship battle. Finally, a little pyrotechnics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxhWyaD_SUQ#t=0

Edited by jjeffeory

...and this week's show seemed to be loved again.... Still has some moving people, wizards, and dinosaurs that the crowd ate up. There was a nice open ocean ship battle. Finally, a little pyrotechnics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxhWyaD_SUQ#t=0

...and more press for this type of show.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/showusat.php?id=3280517

Does anyone think that some corps designers could take some ideas from this show, up the sophistication level a bit, and incorporate it into a good drum corps shows?

Edited by jjeffeory

...and more press for this type of show.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/showusat.php?id=3280517

Does anyone thing that some corps designers could take some ideas from this show, up the sophistication level a bit, and incorporate it into a good drum corps shows?

The dinosaur and ship battle made me chuckle ... i laughed : ) ... Drum corps may be too regimented for this then and now.