I remember someone talking about using stadium lights in shows

Yep....it's comin'. It's the next big thing. Although many stadium lighting systems require quite a bit of time to recycle, so off and on would be slow.

Edited by Plan9

To a limited degree its already been done . . .

I think Milton HS? (north Atlanta area) did a show last year that used LED lights in the bells of the brass instruments and on the woodwinds.

Probably weren't the first . . . someone on the BOA/WGI circuit?

Kennesaw Mountain High School had LED lights on their uniforms and props last year. WCU used them on their drumline last year too, although that's been referenced many times on this forum.

I don't remember it ever being done in DCI so far. It would be cool to see... if they did it properly, that is.

I don't remember it ever being done in DCI so far. It would be cool to see... if they did it properly, that is.

Recall that Boston Crusaders used LED lights under the white scrim which they rolled out during Charlie's great Les Miz low brass solo.

• Like 1

IMO it didn't seem like the lighting they did in that show really contributed to anything other than the "wow they turned the lights off and have lasers" effect ....sometimes I feel this about some of the electronics in the shows these days....some feels like its there because they feel like they have to but yet add nothing in some cases. Again just my opinion

• Like 2

This was the squarest thing I've ever heard.

And the biggest high school band I've heard in awhile. There are a lot of things to like about Big 10 football, but the bands are decidedly not one of them. Unfortunately, they paint the picture of what the general public thinks of when they see anyone in what looks like a band uniform.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 2