Crossmen 2014

DCFAN

Anthony Cruddas to lead brass. I'll be honest, I'm unimpressed with his bio/resume. I'm sure the Crossmen staff are making the best decision they can, and must see potential if they trust him with the brass line, but to not even have a bachelors degree or experience teaching outside of marching arts staff roles... seems like an odd choice at this point.

• Like 2

Just playing devil's advocate here, but I was the brass arranger and caption head for the Colts during their first break into the Top 12. Made it 3 times including an 8th place brass finish BEFORE I finished school.

Pieces of paper mean little. Ears, knowledge and passion do. While I will not put the cart before the horse, I expect very good things from Anthony and the staff/consultants he'll be surrounded with.

Best,

Chuck Naffier

• Like 4

I agree it's not worth the risk. I see Pacific Crest and Colts making bigger strides with their brass programs. I am happy that they addressed the visual problems. But I think it's not a net gain because of my concers with the brass program. I am still waiting to hear who the percussion arranger is and color guard caption head is. If their are changes with the color guard staff I will say they have taken a step back. Not the big names I was hoping to see.

FWIW, Crossmen are from Texas. I believe most Texans believe that Texas is 'the west'. So, they are already there!

And to most of us other 50 states in the real republic, Texas is just the north suburb of Mexico.

• Like 2

Just playing devil's advocate here, but I was the brass arranger and caption head for the Colts during their first break into the Top 12. Made it 3 times including an 8th place brass finish BEFORE I finished school.

Pieces of paper mean little. Ears, knowledge and passion do. While I will not put the cart before the horse, I expect very good things from Anthony and the staff/consultants he'll be surrounded with.

Best,

Chuck Naffier

Yes, I agree. I know nothing of the inner workings of the Crossmen. I know nothing of what you and the rest of the staff are looking for in a brass caption head. Furthermore, I completely trust that y'all made the decision in the best interests of the corps and it's members. Degrees can mean a lot, they can also mean nothing. There are always exceptions to the rule. Anthony does indeed have experience with drum corps brass lines, that's a huge plus. By no means am I doubting his passion or knowledge, I'm just simply stating that as a first impression, I am a bit underwhelmed. I could easily be wrong... only time will tell. One thing I do know is that I wish him the best in his new opportunity as a brass caption head and I hope he proves me wrong.

p.s. I need to stop replying to threads via hastily pecked iPhone scripts

They have a Uniform Campaign going right now. Wonder what the new uniforms will look like.

• Like 1

And to most of us other 50 states in the real republic, Texas is just the north suburb of Mexico.

Other 50? blink.gif

• Like 1