Crossmen 2014

DCFAN

Excuse me?

Is that a race related comment?

...and it's other 49

No, it has nothing to do with race. Just the horrendous heat as one goes so close to the equator.

And yeah, isn't Canada the 51st State? So 51-1=50. I guess you and MelloMatt aren't ice hockey fans. :-p

Excuse me?

Is that a race related comment?

...and it's other 49

not if you add in Canada

:tongue:

I hope it's Mark Thurston it will offset some of the sting from loosing 2 great caption heads. I can't help feeling that retention and recruiting will be impacted. I don't see the traffic on twitter and Facebook that I saw last year with regards to potential members.

• Like 1

Sting? They played Sting very well I think.

Edited by xbones7480

Well... we'll have to wait and see how this year goes.

Music should be good.

Hopefully drill will be improved.

Hopefully they look better marching the drill this year...........................

Excited to see what they put out there in this big anniversary year.

Sounds like a great move. Maybe he can recruit some of that Rhythm X talent to the percussion section.

Crossmen Announce Percussion Arranger

Crossmen announced this week that Andrew Markworth will step in as the percussion ensemble arranger for the 2014 edition of Crossmen. This will be Andrew's fifth year with the corps having written the front ensemble music in 2008 and 2010-13. Andrew has been the front ensemble arranger for DCI Champion Carolina Crown and WGI Indoor Drumline Champions Rhythm X. Program Coordinator Ed Devlin exclaimed, "We are glad to have Andrew back for yet another year! He has done a great job with our front ensemble in the past. His past experiences make him an excellent choice for arranging the percussion music." Andrew's other experiences include writing the full music score for many successful programs including Centerville High School and The Company Drum and Bugle Corps.

Crossmen also welcomed back Al Chez and Jaime Alvarez-Calderon to the design team. This will mark Al's 15th consecutive year with the corps. Al was most recently the trumpet player on 'The Late Show with David Letterman.' "His level of industry experience really helps us design shows that are audience accessible," states Ed Devlin.

Jaime-Alvarez Calderon will also be serving as a consultant on the design team for the 2014 Crossmen. Jaime has previously served as Percussion Caption Head, Program Coordinator, and Assistant Director for the corps. Executive Director Fred Morrison stated, "Crossmen are pleased to have Jaime return to Crossmen in 2014. Jaime always makes a positive contribution and we value his input."

For information about auditioning for the 2014 Crossmen Click Here!