Crossmen 2014

DCFAN

I know Spirit members wear a Crossmen patch on their corps jackets.

http://drumcorpswiki.com/Crossmen

Scroll down to the Trivia section to read about the Bones/Spirit connection.

Pretty heady stuff....my hat is off to both Corps.

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested to know the last time DCI slapped a penalty on a corps for a warm-up violation. Does anyone know?

I understand that finals week is where all the rules come in to play - BUT, I attended several show this year before finals week (7) and at every one I heard corps warming up that were enough to distract me from the corps performing: no penalties were given.

• Like 1

In 2002 Crown got a 1.0 penalty for using a Dr. Beat during vis warm-up.

The restrictions on the warm up zone were very well communicated.

Edited by Amil Muzz

I keep hearing about the "warm-up violation" that caused a penalty, but what exactly was the violation?

I am interested to know the last time DCI slapped a penalty on a corps for a warm-up violation. Does anyone know?

I understand that finals week is where all the rules come in to play - BUT, I attended several show this year before finals week (7) and at every one I heard corps warming up that were enough to distract me from the corps performing: no penalties were given.

Whatever the circumstances were for the corps getting the penalty they got, I would be curious to know if there is still a record on the books about what you mentioned. It's very annoying to hear the corps on the field's ballad being drowned out by a warming up corps off the field.

A long time ago, it was a clear penalty if you were heard warming up while another corps was on the field. So, corps just didn't do it. In the late 70's they allowed corps to warm up for a few minutes ON THE FIELD before they performed for that reason.