Defending Champions Finals Performance

He sent the Japanese a full line of Bbs when they specifically requested Gs.

Now, what was he doing with Mrs. O'Leary's cow that could start a fire? :tongue:

I didn't know George was responsible for the Chicago fire ...

Well I think all on DCP will agree that he definitely has caused a few sparks and blazes in his day!:tongue:

I've just discovered that an anagram for "Hopkins proposals" is "polka sponsorship." I now need to figure out what it means.

Not another one of your Secret Society thingies???

I seem to remember in 1989 (my rookie year) performing in a prelims show during finals week. It was on Wednesday, the day before quarter finals. 1990 might have been the last year that show took place. One thing I think I remember was that groups from the previous seasons top 12 were not performing in that show. What is the "history" behind that show?........thinking Mr. Boo will have some good info for this one

1379025610[/url]' post='3323430']

Fascinating. However, it's also interesting to read, later in the thread, that the change to not having the defending champion go on last actually first occurred in 1988 not 1989:

Is that correct?

100% correct. Prelim scores were not revealed. All that was known was who was in the top 5 and who was 6-12. The 6-12 corps drew for position and then the top 5 corps drew for the final 5 spots. The actual scores from prelims were not revealed but were:

5 - 94.8 Cadets

4 - 95.6 Cavaliers

3 - 96.3 SCV

2 - 96.6 BD

1 - 97.8 Madison

After the draw BD went on 5th to last followed by SCV, Cavaliers, Madison and Cadets. I remember the Cadets fans cheering when Hopkins drew the "12", meaning they would go on 12th in finals. So the Cadets did not go on last because they were defending champs, they went on last because Hopkins drew the 12.

Edited by Yorkvillain