Cavies 1982

Horn line was reeeaaaal young that year. We aged out a lot of guys in '80&'81. We brought up something like 15 guys from the cadet corps from the year before. We probably had a total of 10 or 12 "old guys" left in the horn line. Horn staff knew this was a rebuild year from the beginning.

Lar P

Gov & Cav Love

(green, black and white, just sayen)

Very good visual execution corps (5th in M&M in prelims), good percussion and guard, pretty nasty hornline, and only 4 minutes of well-chosen music ("Pines") followed by 8 minutes of dreck.

Granted I was only 17 at the time...but that "dreck" is some of my favorite corps music of the year. Maybe it was my membership in The Kilts at the time, or touring with Cavaliers extensively...but I really liked them this year. A very close second to the '80 corps.

• Like 1

I fell in love with the Cavies '82 show when I saw it in Montreal that year. They were far from being the best corps out there - but there was something about them that made me decide that I would march there one day - and I did!!!

later,

Mike

Cavies '88 - '89

• Like 2

I fell in love with the Cavies '82 show when I saw it in Montreal that year. They were far from being the best corps out there - but there was something about them that made me decide that I would march there one day - and I did!!!

later,

Mike

Cavies '88 - '89

Lucky you! 89 Cavies are one of the most underrated shows in DCI history. It seems overshadowed by the competition between SC and Phantom that year. That Rutter show was gorgeous in every way. Drill, music, arrangement, and execution, all top notch.

Lucky you! 89 Cavies are one of the most underrated shows in DCI history. It seems overshadowed by the competition between SC and Phantom that year. That Rutter show was gorgeous in every way. Drill, music, arrangement, and execution, all top notch.

thanks!

That year started rough (we had to scrap the middle number) - but ended up being awesome. Alot of people came back from '88 - all the hard work we did that year really paid off in '89!

Later,

Mike