Cavaliers Cell Phone Question

They think it helps them underachieve. Without cell phones, the members can focus as much as possible as being a shadow of what their predecessors were.

wow. Dude I'm an ######## and even I was bothered by this statement

• Like 3

I was not referring to your opinion on cell phones. I was referring to the way you deliver your opinions and the way you come across.

oh please, he held back

• Like 3

Personally, I think kids are too reliant on technology and virtual communication these days. Not using a cell phone on tour (I had one, but it almost never came out of my bag or got turned on) was a fantastic experience for me. I did a lot of growing up that summer, learning how to stand on my own two feet and handle my own issues. If I were a parent sending a kid on tour, I'm not sure I wouldn't take their phone from them when they left for that same reason.

I think that can extend to more than just kids. I'm in my mid-30's, marched w/out cell phones in the 90's, have an 11 year old of my own, and I'M far too reliant on tech! :doh:

• Like 1

I'm with him. At 44, I don't know how I survived before the Iphone LOL.

I see plusses and minuses with Cavies doing it that way. I have a daughter, so I'll never have to worryabout her and their policy.

I have former kids I taught that marched DCI the past few years, and I'll admit it was fun seeing some updates on Facebook and such as the summer went. Loved getting that text that said "we beat BD!!" at 1 am. But I can see why the corps does it too.

I'm with him. At 44, I don't know how I survived before the Iphone LOL.

No Iphone (after I retire probably) but get nervous if I forget the cell and no way to be reached if the #### hits the fan. And it has hit the fan plenty of times. Nothing like calling home after being on a cruise and hear "when you get to your car, drive straight to the hospital because....".

As for Cavies... as long as there is a way for the parents/guardians to be able to contact the member NOW in case of emergency. But that's any corps as members cells will probably not be carried or ignored during rehearsal/shows.

Of yeah... I'm 56 and we got our parents cells in case the power goes out or they are stuck somewhere.

Edited by JimF-LowBari