Cavaliers Cell Phone Question

• 4 weeks later...

I spent many summer nights housed withn OC corps. The power strips, cell phones and laptops were abundant and almost every kid had their head buried in one. Even in the wea hours of the night when everyone was suppose to be asleep u could see the lights from smart phones or laptops.

At the DCA level I saw kids and adults pulling them out in the middle of reherals. Looking at Facebook when the should have been lfocusing on their dot book or music.

I fully support a full ban on cell phones at both the DCI and DCA level. The season is just to short and there is just too much at stake. Rehearsal time is at a premium.

Ban them I say!

• Like 2

I spent many summer nights housed withn OC corps. The power strips, cell phones and laptops were abundant and almost every kid had their head buried in one. Even in the wea hours of the night when everyone was suppose to be asleep u could see the lights from smart phones or laptops.

At the DCA level I saw kids and adults pulling them out in the middle of reherals. Looking at Facebook when the should have been lfocusing on their dot book or music.

I fully support a full ban on cell phones at both the DCI and DCA level. The season is just to short and there is just too much at stake. Rehearsal time is at a premium.

Ban them I say!

You're better off banning the instructors who let them get used at rehearsals. They're the ones at fault. It's an easy, easy problem to fix without a ban in general.

As for just the laptops, where I teach, I have several students who write drill and arrange music. I would never think to ban them from tour. That's their rent money I'd be messing with.

You're better off banning the instructors who let them get used at rehearsals. They're the ones at fault. It's an easy, easy problem to fix without a ban in general.

As for just the laptops, where I teach, I have several students who write drill and arrange music. I would never think to ban them from tour. That's their rent money I'd be messing with.

a student would have to prove to me that the use of the laptop was for work purposes and not for social networking and such.
  • Like 1

Irrespective of your questioning, it is their rule so just deal with it; in fact I personally like the rule for many, many reasons. However if you are concerned about your son not being able to call mommy when he wants with a cell phone, and your son is upset that he would not be able to text his girlfriend every five min, there are 22 other WC corps and 19 OC corps in which your son can audition.

Wow - a litle cranky, are we? Any reason to get huffy like that, Stu?

Peace,

Fred O.

• Like 1