best legacy camera work

The first early 80's legacy DVD I bought was '83. It was extremely disappointing because of a lack of high visual camera work, so someone on the forum suggested that 82 was a good year. I bought it and couldn't be happier. So what would be some years between '80 and '99 that have plenty of high camera shots, and what would be some years to avoid?

I bought the Legacy Collection 4 years ago or so. The first video I watched was 1976 for nostalgia and the second was 1999 for curiosity and was impressed. I haven't watched the entire collection yet (my bad). This weekend I'll watch 1999 on DVD and on Fan Network to see if they are the same : )

In general, the quality of the Legacy DVD's improves as the years progress probably due to improvements in technology combined with a better understanding of drum corps by the camera people. I know that when WGBH in Boston filmed finals, it was not uncommon to see WGBH vehicles at the World Open or CYO Nationals. I'm also assuming that some stadiums have better high visuals than others. Also in the early years the broadcasts were live in many areas whereas in later years the broadcasts were later so some editing could take place. Though I cannot say for certain, I think 1982 was the first year the broadcasts took place after finals so this may be why 1982 has better higher angles. For me, the camera work is pretty good on most of the DVD's, but as far as getting the whole experience both close up and high visuals I would say you begi8n seeing a marked difference in the mid-80's, 1985 on.