Sanford trophy vs. DCI ring

Sanford trophy vs. DCI ring  

55 members have voted

1. 1. from a percussionists perspective which is more praiseworthy than the other

• DCI World Class first place corps
    • Fred Sanford trophy for best World Class percussion section

Nope; if I experience a sudden stop on pavement at the end of a 200 foot free fall I will either die or be severely injured; that is objective, not subjective, human experience.

Well, now you aren't being consistent. Are you talking about Truths or Experiences being subjective or objective? In your example it is "objective human experience" to hit the ground and injure yourself. That is you interpret your pain receptors to say that you were hurt and inturpret your sight to see that your body was broken. But to inturpret what you HEAR, no, THAT is subjective... There is really no difference regardless of senses used to inturpret physical events being sensed by the human body. This is how archaic your way of thinking is about this.

Well, now you aren't being consistent. Are you talking about Truths or Experiences being subjective or objective? In your example it is "objective human experience" to hit the ground and injure yourself. That is you interpret your pain receptors to say that you were hurt and inturpret your sight to see that your body was broken. But to inturpret what you HEAR, no, THAT is subjective... There is really no difference regardless of senses used to inturpret physical events being sensed by the human body. This is how archaic your way of thinking is about this.

Let me make this clear so that even an intellectually minded sort like you can get it. Auto Racing: first car across the finish line wins (objective). Drum Corps: the interpretation, evaluation, perception, and opinion of a human judge handing out rankings and scoring determines who wins (subjective). That is not archaic thinking but just this difference between objective out come competitions and subjective outcome competitions.

Let me make this clear so that even an intellectually minded sort like you can get it. Auto Racing: first car across the finish line wins (objective). Drum Corps: the interpretation, evaluation, perception, and opinion of a human judge handing out rankings and scoring determines who wins (subjective). That is not archaic thinking but just this difference between objective out come competitions and subjective outcome competitions.

Let me make this clear... This is NOT the first thread where you have gotten into a long drawn out argument with someone over what happens NOT to be the specific subject of the thread! The term is I believe... "HIJACKING" which may be fun for you, but adds pages of mindless drivel for the reader... Assuming of course that they were there because of an interest in what they believed the thread to be about. Have a nice day...

• Like 3

Let me make this clear... This is NOT the first thread where you have gotten into a long drawn out argument with someone over what happens NOT to be the specific subject of the thread! The term is I believe... "HIJACKING" which may be fun for you, but adds pages of mindless drivel for the reader... Assuming of course that they were there because of an interest in what they believed the thread to be about. Have a nice day...

That's ok...Stu's posts are usually fairly condescending...so I skip right over them.

• Like 3

Thank you everyone for your votes and comments. I am very pleased with how many views this question actually got. However, only a small amount of viewers voted which may mean that a lot of lurkers, I mean guests, are actually discussing this question which of itself may be a very good thing.

Now comes the awkward part. I don't know the protocol of asking the moderators to close the thread. But as the OP of this thread, if certain someone(s) continue to hijack the thread away from the question of the OP, you have my permission (if you need it) and my agreement to close the thread IF the posts fall away from the specific original question.

I fully concur with BigBad Bari and 84BDsop and thank DT1 for his previous posts in the same direction. Certain poster(s) don't understand that they are cyber-bullying in their persistence to hijack threads for their own aggrandizement.

But if there are more who wish to debate Sanford vs. DCI ring, have on..

Edited by normy diploome
  • Like 1

What prompted me to ask the Sanford vs. DCI ring question was a discussion I was in with some drum corps management people who were dissecting the difference between

a) drummers who learned how to drum to be part of the drum corps

and

b) people who joined drum corps as another opportunity to drum.

Some felt answer a was more typical of BITD while answer b was more a contemporary trend.

• Like 2

I fully concur with BigBad Bari and 84BDsop and thank DT1 for his previous posts in the same direction. Certain poster(s) don't understand that they are cyber-bullying in their persistence to hijack threads for their own aggrandizement.

ahkKWmM.png

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1