Madison Scouts 75th Anniversary Painting...

Hey everyone - I thought I would repost this here. I donated a painting to the Madison Scouts in celebration

of our 75th Anniversary and to help raise funds for the Corps. Our banquet is this weekend in Madison where the

original painting is being auctioned off. However the bidding has begun. Here is the link to more info!

http://www.madisonscouts.org/blog/?p=1040

CorpsOfBrothersSMALL1.jpg

P.S. Does someone know how to post the pic of the painting on here? I used to

be able to do it through flickr, but don't have the capability anymore. :)

• Like 4

Hey everyone - I thought I would repost this here. I donated a painting to the Madison Scouts in celebration

of our 75th Anniversary and to help raise funds for the Corps. Our banquet is this weekend in Madison where the

original painting is being auctioned off. However the bidding has begun. Here is the link to more info!

http://www.madisonsc...rg/blog/?p=1040

P.S. Does someone know how to post the pic of the painting on here? I used to

be able to do it through flickr, but don't have the capability anymore. :)

To answer your question I don't. But the reason I replied was threefold.

1) Congratulations to Madison and all associated on reaching this great jubilee. May you have many more.

2) I appreciate the artwork you have posted over the years. You have a gift.

3) To congratulate you, Jeff, on an awesome weight loss and hope your goals are being met and your health is even better. I lost half that amount once in my life and have kept it off since. I certainly appreciate the effort, perserverence, and determination to follow through.

P.S. Give Sean Phelan and Sean Hadley a hi from me. Great guys!!!

Edited by drilltech1

I like it! That's some great work sir!

• Like 2

Great work Jeff! You nailed Dan Feeney. :smile:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! Saw a bunch of fellow alums tonight at the pre-banquet brass rehearsal and

after party...the painting is being well received and should bring in some great funds

for the Corps tomorrow night at the 75th!

How much did it bring in for the corps?

Be patient Michael!

This is taken from the Scouts website:

"Auction proceeds must be presented within 7 days of the announced winner or the next highest bidder will be awarded the painting. Upon valuation, an donation tax-letter will be provided to the winning bidder. “I expect the painting auction will raise several thousand dollars for the corps and I’m excited to see the bidding begin,” stated Komnick.

The painting is 24″ high by 36″ wide and is oil and acrylic on canvas. It can be picked up the banquet or it will be professionally shipped.

In addition to the original painting, the Madison Scouts have produced 100 limited edition reproductions of the painting that will be numbered and hand-signed by Jeff Koehn. These limited edition Giclée prints of “Corps of Brothers” were produced with state-of-the-art digital technology on fine-art archival Hahnemuhle Photo Rag paper by Schumann Studio. The prints are guaranteed for a lifetime of beauty and vibrancy. Identically sized to the painting (24″x36″), they are available for $250 each. They can be purchased via online or at the 75th Anniversary Celebration."

So that would be at least 250x100= 25,000 PLUS the auction of the original. Nice going Jeff!

This is the second corps painting I know he has done as he also did one of the Cavaliers for their anniversary with Don Warren. That was great too. The guy has a real gift.

There was a similar painting done in the 80's of the Blue Devils. Does anyone know who painted it? My avatar is a clip from that painting and I was lucky enough to be in the painting. Now I really want to know who painted it!

P.S. Sorry for taking a bit away from Madison to get my question answered...