Free webcast of the DCE European Championships

Moz

Tried looking on the DCE site, but could not find what restrictions they have for corps size and ages of members. Any input would be appreciated.

No age limits - not sure about size but that is not really a "problem" we have in Europe at the mo! IN theory if someone marched 200 I don't think they would stop them to be fair....!

No age limits - not sure about size but that is not really a "problem" we have in Europe at the mo! IN theory if someone marched 200 I don't think they would stop them to be fair....!

I thought there were a few older looking members. So DCE is more like our All Age with fewer practices, shows, etc. By the way the crowd was dressed and the CG's in jackets, it must have been pretty chilly at the end of the night. Considering DCE is basically volunteer run with few perks, they do a nice job and the mm love it. Was very interested watching the interviews with those nn who marched DCI this past Summer, went back home, and picked up a whole new show quickly.

Didn't he fly over to Belgium with Dan A.?

Must have been with D.A.'s body double as Mr. Acheson was scheduled to be in Madison, WI, USA celebrating the Scouts' 75th with his brothers; he marched there as a hornplayer in the early decade of DCI. I hear it was quite the night!

Edited by normy diploome

Probably less talent than DCI in all areas. With only around 26 or so brass, that might not help. Just like NFLE is not comparable to the NFL, DCE is the minor leagues to even DCI Open Class.

Could you possibly be any more condescending? European corps do not tour like DCI corps and have nowhere near the same amount of rehearsal hours as DCI corps... It (drum corps) is most definitely a hobby over here. Schools don't tend to have organised music programs and certainly no marching bands. European drum corps learn about DCI primarily through media. That said, one of the big things you can't fail to notice when prowling the parking lots at European shows is the amount of DCI and wgi corps jackets you see knocking about. Cadets, Bones, Devs, Crown, Phantom Regiment, The Academy, Rythym X... these were just some of the corps represented in the car park at the DCUK finals last week... To say that the talent level is not the same and that DCE is a "minor league" for DCI shows just how out of touch you really are.

• Like 2

To say that the talent level is not the same and that DCE is a "minor league" for DCI shows just how out of touch you really are.

My comments in post #7 were to post #6. Yes, there are some DCE members who have spent their late Springs and Summers in DCI. Sorry that your DCE pride was chipped, but I will let my thoughts stand.