Drum Corps Europe Championships

The Drum Corps Europe Championships are today, 28 September. DCE is broadcasting them for the entire world via their live webcast. The contest runs from 9am - about 11pm Holland time or 2am Eastern/1am Central - 5pm Eastern/4pm Central.

The live webcast is FREE! Also, soon after, they will have on demand available, also for FREE! Heartliner and Kidsgrove Scouts are competing, so check it out!

Click here for the FREE webcast!

Watching the DCE webcast.

I can't believe I'm awake at this hour on a Saturday. :tongue:

Heartliner just finished their prelims performance. Nice job!!!

Hey Fran is there any way to see the corps that were previous to Heartliner

It looks like you can move the slide bar on the bottom back to the beginning of the broadcast and anywhere in between ...

:-)

It looks like you can move the slide bar on the bottom back to the beginning of the broadcast and anywhere in between ...

:-)

Also, according to the DCE website, there will be video on demand of all the performances available on the site at a later date/time.... also for free, same as the live webcast.

Haven't seen all the performances today... hey, I gotta sleep sometime. LOL.

But from what I've seen, there is some great stuff being done by those European corps.

The corps from Italy... Besana Secutores... I had never heard of them before today. But what a wild show. Very creative.

I've gotta check out the rest of the performances when the VOD is available.

Congratulations to Heartliner, for making DCE Finals!!! :thumbup:

They finished their performance a few minutes ago. Their first-ever appearance in DCE Finals!!!

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

Jubal wins! The beat out defending champions The Company by .05.

Premier Class - Finals

1 Jubal 88.45

2 The Company 88.40

3 Juliana 85.05

4 Kidsgrove Scouts 84.10

5 Black Knights 82.90

6 Beatrix' 80.80

7 Starriders 76.55

8 Commodores 75.95

9 Heartliner 72.00

10 Spirit of 52 71.50

I watched Spirit of 52, Heartliner, Black Knights, Kidsgrove, Juliana, The Company and Jubal. All put on great shows! I'll be watching the whole thing on DCE's on demand. I had Black Knights in fourth and Kidsgrove in fifth, mainly due to the entertainment factor...Black Knights had it, Kidsgrove just had a really weird concept.

Jubal wins! The beat out defending champions The Company by .05.

Premier Class - Finals

1 Jubal 88.45

2 The Company 88.40

3 Juliana 85.05

4 Kidsgrove Scouts 84.10

5 Black Knights 82.90

6 Beatrix' 80.80

7 Starriders 76.55

8 Commodores 75.95

9 Heartliner 72.00

10 Spirit of 52 71.50

I watched Spirit of 52, Heartliner, Black Knights, Kidsgrove, Juliana, The Company and Jubal. All put on great shows! I'll be watching the whole thing on DCE's on demand. I had Black Knights in fourth and Kidsgrove in fifth, mainly due to the entertainment factor...Black Knights had it, Kidsgrove just had a really weird concept.

Thanks for the scores, Frank... congrats to Jubal for the win, and our DCA friends Kidsgrove Scouts and Heartliner for their strong showings!!! :thumbup:

I'll be checking out the VOD stuff, too. Several of the DCE corps' shows were very, very creative. Just a bit of a different take on the whole drum corps concept than the corps here in the USA. Great stuff overall!!!

Edited by Fran Haring

Haven't seen all the performances today... hey, I gotta sleep sometime. LOL.

But from what I've seen, there is some great stuff being done by those European corps.

The corps from Italy... Besana Secutores... I had never heard of them before today. But what a wild show. Very creative.

I've gotta check out the rest of the performances when the VOD is available.

I agree Fran. The Secutores show was different, very creative. I went on their face book page and viewed some photos. I'm not sure if it was their food truck or not but it was pretty different then what we see here in the U.S.A. It looked like a 3' x 3' pan of muscles, clams, shrimp and calamari. Molto bene LOL

Edited by LucyGuy66
  • Like 1