Random Question

For the record, I am not the one who red negged Boo.

I agree with your character assessment that he is certainly a character.

I was obliquely hinting at his annual cross pond venturing to get some fresh Chinese food. I'm guessing his birthday card monies recently gets him the seat he deserves.

Just so no one thinks I'm rolling in birthday card money, (hint, hint...it's this Saturday), I go to China each year at no cost to myself, in exchange for contributing arrangements and original contributions each year for the wind band that has been going over there. I put in more hours than I care to think about in that project, at the same time I've got to get all my pre-season stuff together for DCI. And...(hold on to your hat)...I fly coach. Now, anyone who's seen me know what a joy that must be.

But I agree that I'm a character, and my last name in Chinese sounds exactly like the Chinese word for "No," so you can imagine some of the second glances I've gotten over the years.

• Like 1

The first couple of years I didn't have my own car so my parents drove me up and dropped me off. My first year at SCV I parked my car at the corps hall and threw a car cover over it, my last year I left it in my summer host's driveway and paid the MM's brother to fire it up twice a week. The MM's brother (who was a car buff) was really cool and made sure the car was washed/waxed, vacuumed and full of gas the day before the busses came home; as one of SCV's age-outs who was not in a celebratory mood I was particularly touched by this gesture. My favorite tape was in the cassette deck too, cued up to my favorite tune.

You'd better keep him.