NEW FORUM SOFTWARE

JohnD

We've just upgraded the DCP Forums to the most current version of the software - something we've been holding off on for some time. Yes, there ARE a number of changes which we're all going to become a bit more familiar with in the coming days and weeks.

If you have a specific problem - please leave a note here and we'll have a look. We may or may not have the immediate answer - but will do our best.

Thank you for your patience during this upgrade and migration process.

-john

WTF is a warning point? I see it under my number of posts.

I am glad the red/green debate is gone though. Looks good!

WTF is a warning point? I see it under my number of posts.

I am glad the red/green debate is gone though. Looks good!

I'm not sure but it looks as if I've been a fairly good boy since 2010 :-)

Edited by SFZFAN

It looks like topic subtitles have been eliminated--is that so?

Answers:

"Points" are part of the new moderation system, which will help us keep a record of moderation actions taken by the team. No, I don't have the specific details for you. Follow the Community Guidelines and it won't be an issue for you to worry about.

Yes - Topic Sub-titles are gone ... replaced by "Tags", which actually add quite a bit of utility when categorizing and searching for posts. The "Tags" are not 'free-form', but rather from a list that we will define and refine. If you have specific suggestions for "Tags" to be added, visit the "Suggestions for Topic Tags" thread in this forum.

Question: "I'm wondering if I still have the option to see more replies on a page so I can scroll down more instead of changing pages to read an active topic, because I can't find that."

Answer: Sorry - no. Invision (developer of the software) removed that feature some time ago. They're aware that it would be nice to have back. The most recent answer from them was "it won't be back". No idea of the reason it was removed.

I've moved on.

Answers:

"Points" are part of the new moderation system, which will help us keep a record of moderation actions taken by the team. No, I don't have the specific details for you. Follow the Community Guidelines and it won't be an issue for you to worry about.

Yes - Topic Sub-titles are gone ... replaced by "Tags", which actually add quite a bit of utility when categorizing and searching for posts. The "Tags" are not 'free-form', but rather from a list that we will define and refine. If you have specific suggestions for "Tags" to be added, visit the "Suggestions for Topic Tags" thread in this forum.

I do follow the rules, thats why I was confused.

Warnings are visible to only the individual and the moderation team ... so you won't be able to see someone else's warnings. If you have had a 'warning' assessed, you can click on the "x Warnings" link - just below the picture on your profile - to get the details. It will show the date, who issued the warning, an associated suspension (if imposed), and the reason why.

Jeff - it looks like your warning (since you mentioned it) and associated action was something that happened back in 2010. I seem to remember you groveling about this in the basement of LOS that summer.

Again - we will be looking at how we're going to be using the features of the system going forward. Since you said you "follow the rules", it won't be something for you to worry about.