NEW FORUM SOFTWARE

JohnD

nothing shakes up the offseason like a good ole fashioned DCP upgrade

• Like 2

nothing shakes up the offseason like a good ole fashioned DCP upgrade

Judging by the number of useful features that were lost, I'd say it was more of a downgrade. I agree with the suggestion to move to phpBB. It's much better software. This current software really is lacking.

SERIOUSLY?

As I mentioned in a Facebook post (somewhat in-jest) to someone's (faux) complaint about the site being down during a hardware upgrade ... If you have a complaint, please send a written request for a pro-rated refund of your paid subscription fees. Be sure to include a copy of your original paid receipt. Send your request, in triplicate, to the PO Box listed on the site via registered mail - return receipt requested. We'll give it consideration as time permits.

We are *not* changing to another forum engine. Get over it.

I **HATE** having to be like this - but sometimes the endless whining about trivial nonsense is just enough.

Paging Veruca Salt to the white courtesy phone ....

SERIOUSLY?

As I mentioned in a Facebook post (somewhat in-jest) to someone's (faux) complaint about the site being down during a hardware upgrade ... If you have a complaint, please send a written request for a pro-rated refund of your paid subscription fees. Be sure to include a copy of your original paid receipt. Send your request, in triplicate, to the PO Box listed on the site via registered mail - return receipt requested. We'll give it consideration as time permits.

I **HATE** having to be like this - but sometimes the endless whining about trivial nonsense is just enough.

hd-shark-wallpaper-with-a-attacking-shar

This is just a guess, but maybe they dropped the option to increase the number of posts per page in order to increase the amount of clicks within their client's sites? Each time I click to go to the next page within a thread, the add banner at the top changes. Just a thought...

Fair enough.

I just thought you might be a little more open to what some of the site's longest-tenured members had to say on this clearly volatile issue. The internet is a very fickle place, and customer service is paramount if you want to stay on top (just ask Xaga, MySpace, and long list of others). I'm not suggesting folks will bail on DCP for greener pastures, but there's a reason that topic specific Facebook groups are on the rise, as well as the emergence of /r/drumcorps on Reddit.

I know you and the administration team likely never see a dime from the site, but that doesn't excuse you for chastising your user base.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

Fair enough.

I just thought you might be a little more open to what some of the site's longest-tenured members had to say on this clearly volatile issue. The internet is a very fickle place, and customer service is paramount if you want to stay on top (just ask Xaga, MySpace, and long list of others). I'm not suggesting folks will bail on DCP for greener pastures, but there's a reason that topic specific Facebook groups are on the rise, as well as the emergence of /r/drumcorps on Reddit.

I know you and the administration team likely never see a dime from the site, but that doesn't excuse you for chastising your user base.

you get what you pay for :-)

anyway the decision was made by Invision not by DCP.

( and DCP is free to ignore constructive comments and call their users whiney freeloaders. )

if IPB's customers dont like the changes and IPB ignores them , they will leave and IPB will rapidly become an orphaned product. forum software is hanging on by a thread anyway. as i said in an earlier message, the paradigm was designed in another era.

SERIOUSLY?

This may seriously be the best post ever placed on DCP. Funny how many people have forgotten the work and dedication a few folks put in to provide us a place to gather and discuss glorified marching band.

• Like 1